- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 91
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Social Psychology? - Definition & Professions in the Field
Course SummaryUse this engaging Social Psychology for Teachers course to introduce video lessons into your classroom instruction. Our short lessons are generally under ten minutes, designed by professionals and introduce even the toughest topics in a fun, easy-to-follow way.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your social science teaching license with Social Psychology for Teachers. Brush up on social psychology topics so you can better teach organizational behavior, abnormal psychology, and other social science topics. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in under two weeks - perfect for teachers who need to earn social science credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about the major perspectives of social psychology and research methods.
- Check your knowledge of things like group decisions and attraction with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert social science instructors.
- Earn 3 college credits by taking the UExcel Social Psychology exam.
Always check with your school district or state Department of Education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. UExcel credits are accepted by over 2,000 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
Social Psychology for Teachers is ideal for any teachers looking to earn credits to use toward licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- Psychology and sociology teachers who want to brush up on social psychology
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging social psychology videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning a social psychology unit or course
- Aspiring social science teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make social psychology easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert social science instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review social psychology terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible: Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn social science credits in less than two weeks.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including Psychology of Adulthood and Aging for Teachers, Research Methods in Psychology for Teachers, and Life Span Developmental Psychology for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in social psychology as well as sociology, anthropology, counseling, and other social science topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clinking on this link.
Course Plan for Earning Credit in Less Than Two Weeks
Follow this course plan if you want to complete Social Psychology for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in less than two weeks. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Assignment||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1||Chapter 1||Introduction to Social Psychology (major perspectives of social psychology, forms of group membership, conformity, social learning, group prejudice)|
|Day 2||Chapter 2||Research Methods and Ethics (types of research design, true experimental design, ethnography, validity and reliability, inferential statistics)|
|Day 3||Chapter 3||Social Cognition and Perception (knowledge organization, the priming effect, self-fulfilling prophecies, heuristics, attributional patterns)|
|Day 4||Chapter 4||The Self in a Social Context (the self, introspection, intrinsic and extrinsic motivation in education, self-comparison theory, effort justification)|
|Day 5||Chapter 5||Attitudes and Persuasion (the ABC model of attitudes, implicit vs. explicit attitudes, types of persuasion techniques, subliminal messages)|
|Day 6||Chapter 6||Group Decisions (group psychology, injunctive and descriptive group norms, social roles, leadership styles, groupthink)|
|Day 7||Chapter 7||Attraction and Close Relationships (physical traits and attraction, the halo effect, the equity theory of love, the evolutionary theory of love)|
|Day 8||Chapter 8||Stereotypes, Prejudice, and Discrimination (sex and gender, sexism and patriarchy, stereotype threat, contact hypothesis)|
|Day 9||Chapter 9||Applied Social Psychology (altruism and prosocial behavior, the bystander effect, the misinformation effect, research on happiness)|
|Day 10||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for social psychology|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Fun and Easy Ways to Incorporate More Reading Into Your Classroom
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Integrating Technology in the High School Classroom with Video Lessons
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Drawing Lessons and Instruction: Overview of Classes and Coursework
- Should You Introduce Your Students to Blogging?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses