- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 91
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Social Psychology? - Definition & Professions in the Field
Course SummaryThis social psychology textbook replacement course features all the topics in a traditional textbook but in a flexible format. Our mobile-friendly course costs less than an ordinary textbook and provides students with a resource they can study at any time from any computer or mobile device.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Any instructor who teaches social psychology can consider this textbook replacement course an excellent resource for their classroom. The lessons in this course provide high quality instruction and cover the same or even more information than that found in most social psychology textbooks.
How it works
The short, engaging video lessons on topics like social learning, conformity and situational behavior are perfect for briefly introducing a social psychology topic and initiating class discussion. The chapter and lesson structure is similar to traditional psychology textbooks, making a transition to digital learning simple and straightforward. Just like you'd assign textbook reading assignments, you can assign one or more video lessons to your students conveniently through the website and even review them in class to initiate discussion or class projects.
- Identify the chapter in this course that corresponds with your curriculum or lesson plan.
- Assign one or more of the short and engaging video lessons as homework.
- In class, engage students in discussions and/or interactive activities that focus on the lesson topics.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your students' understanding of effort justification, patriarchy and stereotypes as well as sex and gender in society.
- Submit questions, feedback or suggestions to our expert instructors from your Dashboard.
Cut your textbook costs with Study.com's online social psychology textbook. Our courses cost less than traditional textbooks and are more engaging and interactive. For the same cost, your teachers and students can access all of the courses in our library, including textbooks, common core, AP courses and more.
- Cost Effective: Using our social psychology textbook can save schools hundreds if not thousands of dollars typically spent on physical textbooks.
- Engaging Content: Unlike dry textbook instruction, our lessons bring Sternberg's Triangular Theory of Love, the Evolutionary Theory of Love and other social psychology topics to life while providing a high level of quality education.
- Exceptional Instructors: The lessons are taught by outstanding educators who make concepts like contact hypothesis easy to understand.
- Differentiated Instruction: Lessons give teachers the opportunity to fit each student's individual needs - through video lessons, lesson transcripts and assessment quizzes.
- Skill-Building Courses: In addition to in-depth instruction, courses include practice lessons, quizzes, practical learning exercises and how-to guides to help students develop higher-order thinking skills.
- Adaptive Learning: Our fully online textbook courses integrate technology in classrooms to give students an important understanding of social psychology as well as the technical skills they'll need for their future.
Study.com offers you the solution to packing around multiple heavy textbooks from class to home every day. Using our fully online social psychology textbook course offers convenience, fun video lessons, outstanding instructors, and relief from back pain!
Using the Course
Using the course is simple. You can find any topic you're currently studying in social psychology class, or if your school uses this course in the classroom, you can get your assignments through links sent by your teacher via email. Even if your school uses traditional textbooks, you'll find this course offers a great supplement and brings social psychology lessons to life. The short videos give you an easy, fun and helpful way to better understand and absorb social psychology theories, processes and applications.
- Identify the social psychology topics you're studying in class, or click on the lesson links sent to you.
- View the short and engaging social psychology video lessons.
- Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your understanding of topics like the propinquity effect, the halo effect and the social exchange theory.
- Submit questions to our expert instructors for additional help with any social psychology topic covered in the course.
Why It Works
Our social psychology course supports your individual learning style and your lifestyle. Check out some of the helpful and practical ways this course can be valuable to you as well as the advantages to having a complete resource to complement your classroom lessons.
- Fun Videos: Our lessons entertain while they teach you about gender stereotypes over time, the Stanley Milgram experiment and the priming effect.
- Helpful Instructors: In addition to being subject-matter experts in social psychology, our instructors are available to help you with any questions you have related to the course.
- Accessible: You can access this social psychology course and view the video lessons from any computer or mobile device from home or on the go.
- Learn Your Way: Whether you learn better through discussion, viewing the video or reading the lesson transcript, we've got you covered.
- Keeping Up in Class: If you need to miss class or don't quite understand a social psychology concept, you can use this course to make sure you don't fall behind.
- Discover the fundamentals of social psychology
- Establish research methodologies and related ethical systems
- Determine differences between social perception and social cognition
- Identify the Self in relationship to the social context
- Learn about different attitudes and point out the methods of persuasion
- Review how decisions are made in groups
- Analyze factors that cause close relationships and attraction
- Decide how discrimination, stereotypes, and prejudices affect social situations
- Go over how social psychology methodologies are applied in the real world
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- 5 Secrets for Reducing Textbook Costs
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- Textbook Rebels with a Cause
- Why Buy a Textbook When You Can Rent?
- Build-Your-Own Textbooks Could Save Students Hundreds
- Can Open Education Save Students From Expensive Textbooks?
- Textbook Costs: Looking at Market Forces to Understand High Prices
- Nicole Allen Takes the Fight for Lower Textbook Costs on the Road
- Win Free Textbooks for a Year
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses