- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 273
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Deviance Lesson Plan
Course SummaryThis course is for teachers who want to plan and supplement lessons for a variety of social science subjects. The course includes lesson plan outlines, discussion questions, writing prompts and links to short video lessons, among other supplemental teaching tools.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
This course offers convenient and useful resources that are designed to help teachers and educators plan lessons and classroom activities for their social science and culture classes. Inside the course, you'll find resources that cover several social science topics, such as world religion and multiculturalism. Each lesson plan comes with a corresponding video lesson that can be shown to your class. These bite-sized lessons are typically less than ten minutes long, which enables you to easily work them into your social science and cultural studies lessons.
How It Works
You can use these resources in a variety of ways in order to help your students learn and understand social science topics. Use the lesson plans and activity ideas to help develop your curriculum or supplement an existing one. You can screen the accompanying video lessons in class as a way to start class discussion and assign your students the included lesson and chapter quizzes to make sure they fully comprehend the material. For your convenience, we've made these resources accessible on any computer, smartphone or tablet.
The course includes:
- Lesson plans and activities for a variety of social science and cultural studies topics
- Simple and engaging video lessons that enhance your social sciences instruction
- Interactive video timelines that help you quickly jump to specific topics in the videos
- Word-for-word lesson transcripts
- Lesson quizzes and chapter exams to help you assess your students' understanding of key social science definitions and concepts
How It Helps
- Improves student engagement: The included classroom activities help students have fun while learning and solidifying their understanding of topics related to society and culture.
- Meets curriculum standards: These resources outline essential information that meet social science course standards.
- Details helpful strategies: Straightforward sample lesson plans help teachers quickly plan social science lessons covering a variety of topics.
Inside this course, you'll find lesson plans for the following:
- World religions and cultures
- Holidays celebrated around the world
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Lesson Plans for Teachers
- Science Lesson Plans
- Social Studies Lesson Plans
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- ESL Lesson Plans for ESL Teachers
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- List of Free Guitar Courses and Lessons
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Lesson Plan Templates
- Art Lesson Plans
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses