- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 32
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Are Soft Skills? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryThis course uses simple, concise video lessons to help engineers better understand and implement soft skills in the work environment. The course can help your company's engineers improve their communication, problem-solving and presentation skills.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Our course is broken down into sections of short video lessons that simplify these sometimes complex concepts. Throughout this course, employees will learn communication, problem solving and presentation skills as they relate to a more efficient and collaborative work environment.
How It Works
Taught by expert instructors, our short video lessons can be watched at any time. With the ability to easily navigate through a lesson to meet the needs of the individual, your employees will appreciate the program's flexibility. Employees will use this course to:
- Watch informative video lessons about soft skills for engineers
- Take a self-assessment quiz at the end of each lesson to check their understanding of the topic
- Assess understanding of the chapter's key concepts with examinations
- Verify the course's concept with a course examination
How It Helps
- Improve understanding: Employees will gain a deeper understanding and appreciation for creativity, innovation, change and the knowledge economy.
- Develop communication:Engineers will improve aspects of communication for a more productive work environment.
- Problem-solving skills: These lessons will help your employees implement effective problem skills when working in a team.
- Appreciate adaptability:Your employees will come to appreciate the importance of adaptability in the workplace and how to implement this concept in strategic planning
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Creativity, Innovation, and Change and the Knowledge Economy||Learn what these concepts mean and their importance in business.|
|What Is Collaboration in the Workplace? - Definition, Benefits & Examples||Understand what collaboration means in the workplace.|
|Problem Solving in High-Performing Teams||Assess how engineers can use problem solving skills when working in high performance teams.|
|Adaptability in the Workplace: Strategies & Importance||Analyze strategies for implementing adaptability.|
|Characteristics of Technical Communication||Understand the characteristics that make technical communication unique.|
|Practicing a Presentation: Importance, Techniques & Feedback||Learn the importance of presentations, techniques to improve.|
|Leadership in Engineering: Skills & Strategies||Identify leadership skills and strategies specifically tailored to engineers|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Communication Skills Course Information
- Online Communication Skills Continuing Education Courses
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Online Courses and Classes for Design Engineers
- DevOps Engineer: Salary, Job Description & Skills
- How Online Courses Work Video
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Overview of the Skills Needed to Become a Library Helper
- Jobs Involving Presentation Skills
- Information Security Engineer: Salary, Job Description & Skills
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses