- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 25
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Are Soft Skills? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryHave the IT professionals in your company complete the lessons and assessments in this course to improve their soft skills, including critical and divergent thinking, communication, self-management and collaboration. The course offers short soft skill training lessons that are accessible 24/7.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course is organized into topic-specific chapters that break down the content into manageable chapter units. These chapters cover different soft skills for IT professionals, such as social and self-management skills, that will help them improve their workplace productivity and communication.
How It Works
These corporate training resources are versatile, so employees can use them in the way that fits them best. For example, the lessons are short and mobile device compatible, and the quizzes can either be printed out or taken online.
Your employees will be able to take advantage of these training resources by:
- Studying the material presented in the lessons about soft skills for IT professionals
- Completing the short quiz that accompanies each lesson to test what they learned
- Using the help tabs to ask our professional instructors for assistance whenever they have any questions about the material covered
- Taking the end-of-chapter practice exams to analyze their understanding of the material
How It Helps
- Improves teamwork skills: Some of the soft skills covered in this course include communication and collaborations skills, both important for successfully working on team projects.
- Enhances productivity: Self-management skills play a big part in employee productivity. These lessons will show your employees the importance of these skills and how to improve them.
- Builds employee confidence: As employees improve their soft skills, they will be able to perform more effectively at work and consequently feel better about the job they are doing.
|Chapter||Topics & Objective|
|Improving Soft Skills||Learn what 'soft skills' are, common soft skills for all professions and ways to improve those skills.|
|Self-Management Skills||Study ways to improve self-management skills such as emotional intelligence, stress management and more.|
|Using Soft Skills for Professional Communication||Discover different skills used in professional communication, teamwork and conflict resolution.|
|Information Technology Soft Skills||Reinforce understanding of soft skills used in the information technology field, including technical communication, technical documents and knowledge application in the workplace.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Communication Skills Course Information
- Online Communication Skills Continuing Education Courses
- List of Free Online Management Courses and Lessons
- Professional Skills
- College Activities That Develop Important Soft Skills
- Typing Practice, Skill Development and Training Lessons
- List of Free Online Hotel Management Courses and Lessons
- List of Free Guitar Courses and Lessons
- 3 Reasons Why the Ability to Learn Is the New In-Demand Soft Skill
- 3 Soft Skills That You Should Make Sure All New Employees Have
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses