- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 27
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Are Soft Skills? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryThis course offers informative video lessons that can help managers strengthen important business soft skills. As your managers work through the course, they'll learn proven soft skill and self-management strategies that are vital to the business world.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
For your convenience, we break our corporate training courses into smaller sections to focus on specific aspects of training, and each section can be completed in a matter of minutes. Using this course will give your management staff guidance concerning the importance and uses of soft skills in the workplace.
How It Works
You have the option of how to administer these training sections, such as having employees view them on an as-needed basis or having staff members watch the entire sequence of course materials. The training sections can be viewed on any Internet-ready device, making it easier for your staff to train in the office, at home, or anywhere else.
Useful training features in this course include:
- Insightful video lessons that provide skill-improvement strategies
- Field experts who offer instruction on better communications through soft skills
- Lesson quizzes will encourage employee interaction with training materials
- Understanding of major topics is confirmed through an end course exam
How It Helps
- Improves company-wide communication: Although you need your employees to know about your products and services, teaching soft skills, like how to talk to fellow workers or customers, is essential for business success.
- Encourages accountability: Besides learning about soft skills in general, employees will learn how to use these skills as a means to promote self-management in the workplace.
- Educates management: Employees learn from their supervisors, so if your supervisors gain a better understanding of soft skills, they can train team members to make a better functioning work environment.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Improving Soft Skills||Discover the definition of soft skills, how to use them, and how soft skills may affect the business environment.|
|Self-Management Skills||Identify the relationship between soft skills and self-management.|
|Using Soft Skills and Communication||Explore communication strategies that incorporate soft skills training.|
|Managerial Soft Skills||Distinguish soft skills training for managers and identify how managers can be leaders in promoting soft skills and employee development.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- 3 Reasons Why the Ability to Learn Is the New In-Demand Soft Skill
- Business Office Manager Classes and Courses Overview
- How to Become a Business Technology Manager
- Learn Business Strategy
- Business Strategy Course Overviews
- Production Manager Courses and Classes
- How Online Courses Work Video
- 3 Soft Skills That You Should Make Sure All New Employees Have
- Global Business Strategy Classes and Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses