- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 161
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Real Property and Personal Property: Definition and Differences
This course can be found in: Real Estate Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 100+ Real Estate study guides, and 1,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis self-paced study guide and practice course walks you through the topics covered in the SC Real Estate Broker Exam. Learn from engaging videos and evaluate your understanding through self-assessments, which will help you achieve a high score on this exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
18 chapters in South Carolina Real Estate Broker Exam: Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course is for those who want to become real estate brokers in the state of South Carolina. It covers all of the areas of national and state specific topics about real estate law, real estate characteristics, the finances of real estate, and general real estate practices through accessible lessons and quizzes. You can communicate with our experts through the Dashboard, which you can access through any computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Check out our real estate test prep materials! We've got comprehensive real estate study guides to help you study, real estate practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational real estate resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the South Carolina Real Estate Broker Exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by PSI. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
- South Carolina real estate licensing, laws, and statutory requirements
- Property and land characteristics and rights
- Liens and encumbrances
- Types of property ownership, valuation, appraisal, and calculations
- Land use controls and regulations
- Basic financial concepts, terms, underwriting, and loans
- Contracts and disclosures
- Agency relationships and agreements
- Leasing and property management
- Real estate practices and title transfers
This course walks you through all topics through videos, lessons, and quizzes for self-assessment. There is also a test at the end of each chapter for comprehensive assessment of understanding.
South Carolina Real Estate Broker Exam Information
There are two sections to the South Carolina Real Estate Broker Exam: a national and a state section. Passing scores include a 60 on the national section and a 28 on the state section.
- Number of Questions: 75 (national); 50 (state)
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 120 minutes (national); 80 (state)
- Exam Cost: $55 for one portion; $63 for both
South Carolina Real Estate Broker Exam Breakdown
|National Topics||Percentage of Exam Items|
|Land Use Controls and Regulations||5%|
|Valuation and Market Analysis||7%|
|General Principles of Agency||11%|
|Leasing and Property Management||5%|
|Transfer of Title||7%|
|Practice of Real Estate||14%|
|Real Estate Calculations||8%|
|South Carolina Topics||Number of Items|
|South Carolina Real Estate Commission and Licensing Requirements||10 questions|
|Statutes Governing the Activities of Licensees and Non-Licensees||16 questions|
|South Carolina Agency and Non-agency Relationships and Issues||13 questions|
|Additional South Carolina Statutes and Topics||7 questions|
|Closing Details||4 questions|
Preparing & Registering for the South Carolina Real Estate Broker Exam
You must pass both sections of the South Carolina Real Estate Broker Exam. You can register for the exam at candidate.psiexams.com, under ''Government/State Licensing Agencies.'' It is possible to register for one section, but both must be taken and passed in order to apply for licensure. You can reschedule or cancel up to two days before your exam and register up to one day before.
We highly recommend taking our course to prepare for this intensive exam. Our course thoroughly covers all national and state topics in the exam, preparing you through engaging lessons and assessments to test your understanding. This comprehensive course is all you need to be immersed in the content of the exam, with expert assistance should you have more questions.
The South Carolina Real Estate Broker Exam is a registered trademark of PSI, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Become a Real Estate Lawyer? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Real Estate Agent? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Are Online Courses Self-paced at Howard Community College?
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Free Online Appraiser Licensing Exam Preparation Information
- Self-Assessments for Choosing a Career Path Video
- Is Penn Foster Self Paced?
- When to Use a Self-Assessment With Your Job Search Video
- Real Estate Test Preparation & Resources
- How to Become a Real Estate Agent in Florida Online
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 84,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses