- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 154
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Comet Lesson Plan
Course SummaryPlan and supplement an informative space science curriculum with this helpful online course. This mobile-friendly course offers lesson planning resources, topical lessons and supplemental teaching materials.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
This course contains a variety of resources that can help you plan and implement a fully dimensional space science curriculum. Inside, you'll find easy-to-use lesson plan outlines that cover topics like the solar system, planets, space exploration and more. In addition to these outlines, the course offers short and engaging topical lessons that you can share with your students in class.
How It Works
These teacher resources are designed to be flexible and convenient. You can access these resources on any Internet-connected device, which helps you plan at home and integrate the lessons in your classroom. The lesson supplements also come with quizzes to help you assess your students' space science knowledge.
The course includes:
- Comprehensive lesson plan outlines that cover essential space science topics, such as space exploration and the planets of our solar system
- Topical lessons that you can show your students before or after a class lecture or discussion
- Printable lesson transcripts that you can hand out to your students
- Multiple-choice quizzes for student assessment
- An intuitive course dashboard to help you navigate to the space science topics you want to cover in class
How It Helps
- Lesson planning: Offers you a fast and easy way to plan space science lessons and assignments
- Additional resources: Includes supplemental lessons that you can use to reinforce your students' understanding of the topics you cover in class
- Student comprehension: Ensures that your students learn and remember important space science terms and concepts
In this course, you'll find lesson plans for the following:
- The planets
- Our solar system
- Space exploration
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Science Lesson Plans
- Free Online Cinematography Classes, Lessons & Course Materials
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- Digital Citizenship | Curriculum, Lessons and Lesson Plans
- List of Free Online Art Courses, Lessons and Tutorials
- List of Free Online Calculus Courses and Lessons
- List of Free Online Geometry Courses and Lessons
- List of Free Online Algebra Courses and Lessons
- List of Free Online Japanese Lessons and Courses
- List of Free Online Data Entry Courses and Lessons
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses