- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 136
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Full Spanish Alphabet: Pronunciation & Audio
Course SummaryThis Spanish for Teachers course is designed to help you quickly learn basic Spanish and better communicate with your Spanish-speaking students and parents. The course is available 24/7, and you can study at school, at home, on your commute or wherever you happen to be.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Teachers who need to communicate with students, parents and coworkers who speak Spanish can learn the foundations of the language with this convenient online Spanish for Teachers course. Our expert instructors will show you the building blocks of the Spanish language, including verb conjugations, school-related vocabulary, pronouns, grammar rules and much more. The course is a great option for busy teachers who want to study Spanish whenever they have spare time.
How It Works
Inside this course, you'll find short and simple lessons that present fundamental Spanish concepts in an engaging and easy-to-understand manner. You can use any computer or mobile device to access these lessons, and the chapter material is available at any time of day or night. The course also comes with plenty of assessment tools to help you retain what you study.
The course includes:
- Informative lessons and activities that are designed to simplify and explain important Spanish language concepts, grammar rules, vocabulary and phrases.
- Easy and intuitive navigation to specific chapter and lesson topics.
- Subject matter experts who are available to answer your Spanish questions.
- Printable transcripts for note taking and knowledge reinforcement.
- Interactive practice quizzes and chapter exams to help you practice applying the Spanish concepts you learn.
How It Helps
- Provides a flexible learning format: You'll be able to study practical Spanish vocabulary, grammar and phrases whenever you have free time in your schedule.
- Helps build confidence: The course's video lessons include practice activities that can help you become more confident in pronouncing Spanish terms.
- Improves Spanish communication skills: The course can help you more effectively communicate with colleagues, students and parents who speak Spanish.
- Using common greetings in Spanish
- Understanding the Spanish alphabet
- Knowing Spanish gender rules
- Describing objects, people, locations in Spanish
- Using Spanish interrogatives
- Recognizing days, months and dates in Spanish
- Counting numbers and telling time in Spanish
- Describing seasons and the weather
- Expressing likes and dislikes
- Defining Spanish school, family and hobby vocabulary
- Conjugating regular and irregular Spanish verbs
- Talking about the past and future in Spanish
- Using the imperfect tense
- Giving advice in Spanish
- Understanding advanced grammar concepts in Spanish
- Differentiating between formal and informal Spanish commands
- Applying classroom strategies to teach ELL students
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Spanish Course Descriptions with School Options
- Learn to Speak Spanish: Overview of Spanish Learning Options
- How to Become a Spanish Teacher in Oklahoma
- How to Become a Spanish Teacher in Wisconsin
- How to Become a Spanish Teacher in Tennessee
- How to Become a Spanish Teacher in Pennsylvania
- How to Become a Spanish Teacher in Utah
- How to Become a Spanish Teacher in Louisiana
- How to Become a Spanish Teacher in Oregon
- How to Become a Spanish Teacher in Texas
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses