- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 67
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Evolution of Assessments in Education
Course SummaryThis teaching resource helps special education teachers apply assessments in their classrooms. This comprehensive course outlines different types of learning assessments and offers relevant assessment strategies that can help you measure your students' social behaviors and academic proficiency.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This comprehensive teacher resource outlines the uses, purposes and benefits of special education assessments in the classroom. Containing engaging and comprehensive lessons written by expert special education instructors, this course outlines various types of learning assessments and helps special education teachers apply them in their classrooms. The course contains a number of chapters that examine important special education assessment concepts, such as assessment data, curriculum-based measurements, standardized testing and assessment strategies.
How It Works
The course provides comprehensive and engaging instruction on important topics related to educational assessments. In addition to bite-sized and easy-to-follow lessons, the course contains quizzes and chapter exams to help teachers retain the information they learn. Lessons can be accessed at any time using any computer or mobile device.
The course includes:
- Short and thorough video and text lessons that outline different types of learning assessments and techniques
- A course Dashboard and interactive video timelines that help teachers quickly find and study particular special education topics
- Self-assessment quizzes and practice tests to help teachers fully understand important definitions, concepts and strategies related to learning assessments
- Transcripts for video lessons that supplement the studying experience
How It Helps
- Improves student performance: Students will benefit from their teacher's abilities to assess their classroom performance and skills in several subjects.
- Educates teachers: These resources clearly outline the different types of assessments that are commonly used throughout education.
- Improves assessment abilities: Lessons help special education teachers improve their abilities to effectively assess their students' comprehension and skills.
- Addresses special education accommodations: The course addresses the role of assessments in the field of special education.
- Identifying types of assessment in education
- Examining standardized tests
- Recognizing assessment strategies their limitations
- Relating assessment to special education
- Evaluating curriculum-based measurements for reading, writing, math and social behaviors
- Analyzing assessment data to drive instruction
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- Should I Become a Special Education Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Assessment in Schools | A Guide to Assessment Types
- The Benefits of PLA: Prior Learning Assessments
- Undergraduate Health Assessment Course Information
- Use Formative Assessments to Better Understand Every Student
- Should I Become a Teacher? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- How to Make Prior Learning Assessment Credit Work for You
- Kansas State Assessments
- Idaho State Assessments
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses