- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 78
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Learning? - Understanding Effective Classroom Strategies
Course SummaryUse this course to learn theories and strategies for developing quality special education curricula. The course offers a variety of lessons, techniques and planning resources that ensure you understand the essentials of special education curriculum design and content.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Whether you're an aspiring special education teacher or an experienced educator seeking to expand your knowledge, you will find this course beneficial. The lessons in this chapter will outline such topics as assistive technology, learning theories, reading and writing instructional strategies, assessment methods and social skills development.
How It Works
Topics are discussed in video and text lessons that use examples and easy-to-follow language. Self-assessment quizzes can be re-taken as many times as necessary to ensure your full knowledge of the material covered in this course. Lessons are accessible at any time, on any device.
This course includes:
- Engaging video and text lessons providing in-depth discussions of special education instruction and assessments
- Timeline features for each lesson that allow you to jump to any point in the video
- Printable lesson transcripts for easy and quick reference
- Quizzes that allow you to determine what you have learned and what you might need to further review
How It Helps
- Provides instructional strategies: You will learn how to develop and adapt curricula to help special needs students get the most out of their learning experience.
- Increases understanding of special needs: Lessons will address types of disorders and impairments to help you understand what teaching strategies might work best with specific disabilities.
- Covers academic and non-academic strategies: You can gain an understanding of teaching strategies for content areas as well as methods for helping special needs students develop social skills and independence.
- Understanding of individual disabilities and disorders
- Developing teaching strategies for special education classrooms
- Using assistive technology for special needs students
- Assessing the progress and performance of special needs students
- Applying various instructional strategies for reading, writing and content areas
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Special Education Course Information
- Online Special Education Graduate Courses Overview
- Special Education Teaching Degree in Atlanta with Course Overviews
- Special Education Teaching Courses in Houston, TX with Degree Info
- Online Classes in Special Education Teaching with Course Descriptions
- Online Early Childhood Special Education Classes and Courses
- What Can You Do With a Masters in Special Education?
- Web Content Manager: Education, Courses & Training
- Becoming a Special Education Teacher in Tennessee
- Become a Special Education Teacher in Texas
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses