- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 169
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Teaching Deaf Students to Read
Course SummaryLearn special education teaching strategies with this useful teacher resource course. Inside the course, you'll find lessons and supplemental materials that can help you learn new teaching strategies and strengthen your skills as a special education instructior.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This self-paced course offers special education teachers a way to improve their instructional skills. Through this collection of simple lessons, you'll review several special education teaching strategies that can help you support students who have autism, hearing impairments, ADHD, emotional and behavioral issues, dyslexia and more. You'll also take away fun class activities and games that can improve executive function, memory and visual perception in students.
How It Works
Inside this course, you'll find simple and short lessons that examine a variety of special education teaching strategies. You can access these lessons at any time that fits your schedule using your computer, smartphone or tablet. Try the lesson quizzes and chapter exams to reinforce your understanding of these special education teaching approaches.
The course includes:
- Concise and informative lessons that are typically less than ten minutes in length
- A course dashboard that keeps track of your progress throughout the course and allows you to navigate to specific chapter topics
- Printable lesson transcripts
- Quizzes, chapter exams and a final assessment to help you check your understanding of the course material
- Subject-matter experts who are available to answer any questions you may have about special education teaching strategies
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Lessons help you become more aware of ADHD information, as well as behavioral and emotional issues that can arise in the classroom.
- Student engagement: You'll learn a variety of activities, games and exercises that are designed to educate and engage students who have special needs.
- Improves special education instruction: The course's lessons offer tips, strategies and information that can help you become a more accommodating and effective special education teacher.
- Teaching autistic and deaf students
- Applying auditory learning strategies
- Interpreting resources and information about ADHD
- Developing motor skills in special education
- Accommodating students with dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia dyspraxia and apraxia
- Understanding emotional and behavioral issues in the classroom
- Teaching executive function, visual perceptual activities, memory games and other exercises
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Special Education Teaching Courses in Houston, TX with Degree Info
- Online Classes in Special Education Teaching with Course Descriptions
- Special Education Teaching Degree in Atlanta with Course Overviews
- Special Education Course Information
- Learn Education
- Special Education Teaching Requirements in Colorado
- Top Schools for Special Education Teaching
- Special Education Teaching Requirements in Minnesota
- Learn Business Strategy
- Requirements to Become a Special Education Teacher in New Jersey
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses