- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 61
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Reading Comprehension?
Course SummaryThe Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) is used by institutions in Australia to assist with the process of selecting students for various academic programs. This course can improve your understanding of topics covered in the test through concise and engaging lessons, multiple-choice quizzes, and a practice exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
10 chapters in Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT): Test Prep & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Taking this course can help prepare you for the Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) by strengthening your understanding of topics involving verbal/critical and quantitative reasoning. You'll review language comprehension, essay writing, problem solving, and more. Our information-packed video lessons and self-assessment quizzes are organized by topic and easy to follow. You can use this course as a quick way to refresh your memory of the following:
- Effective use of verbal and critical reasoning skills
- Comprehending language and using it in essay writing
- Writing and structuring different types of essays
- Analyzing and interpreting passages, sets, charts, and graphs
- Rules and tips for use of punctuation, spelling, and grammar
- Quantitative problem-solving and mathematical principles
About the Exam
The Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) is used throughout Australia for admissions into a range of institutions. Each individual institution determines who is required to take the STAT. The test is two hours, plus ten minutes for reading time. There are 70 multiple-choice questions; half are verbal/critical reasoning questions and the other half are quantitative reasoning questions.
Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) Preparation and Registration
This course allows you to study for the Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) at your convenience and desired pace. You can also tailor your studies and focus only on specific subjects. The short and effective lessons in this course help to make sure you understand topics covered by the STAT. The assessment quizzes measure your knowledge of key topics and can also be printed so that you can study offline. Each chapter is accompanied by a practice exam, which can serve as an additional way to assess your knowledge, understanding, and readiness for the test.
Test registration is through the organization listed for your state, which can be found on the Australian Council for Educational Research website. Testing sites are available throughout Australia, and testing for candidates outside of Australia is available by remote proctoring.
Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) is a registered trademark of the Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Test Optional Admissions: Benefiting Schools, Students, or Both?
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- GED Practice Test Online with Example GED Practice Test Questions
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Nursing Student Uses Free Course to Test Out of Prerequisites
- Understanding Admissions: Grinnell College Explains Its Process
- What Are the Praxis Core Academic Skills Tests?
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- GED Practice Test: Easy Ways to Practice the GED Test
- GED Test Online: Overview of Online GED Programs and Exam Options
- Forensic Artists Education Requirements and Job Description
- Caption Reporting Training and Education Program Information
- Associate of Specialized Technology AST Visual Communications Degree Overview
- Drafting Technology Certificate Programs in Phoenix
- Certified Benefits Specialist Salary Info Duties and Requirements
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses