- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 112
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Resource Management: Definition, Objectives & Responsibilities
Course SummaryPrepare yourself for the SPHR Certification Exam with this comprehensive study guide course. We've designed this course to help you review the information you will encounter when taking the test, and it includes short lessons and quizzes that can be accessed any time that's convenient.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
12 chapters in SPHR Certification Exam Study Guide - Senior Professional in Human Resources
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
You can use this course to review what you need to know to successfully take the SPHR Certification Exam. This study guide provides engaging lessons that cover human resources concepts that appear on the test. The lessons in this course will go over subjects such as:
- HR's impact on management, policies and procedures
- Employee development
- Development theories
- Employee relations, compensation and benefits
About the Exam
The SPHR Certification Exam is for a human resources professional who has mastered the high-level aspects of HR management. This is a computer-based test that has 175 multiple-choice questions on it. The test takes about 3 hours to complete. After paying the fee, applicants must find dates within open registration periods to take the exam. After successfully passing the exam, you'll find that the SPHR certification is valid for three years.
Preparing & Registering for the SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources) Certification Exam
This study guide was prepared and put together by human resources experts to give you the preparation that you need for this exam. Information about these human resources concepts and materials is conveyed through our engaging video and text lessons. Included in our resources are multiple self-assessment quizzes that give you the opportunity to not only test your knowledge but also keep track of your progress. Additionally, you will have the chance to contact our professional instructors with any questions you may have while going through the course.
Someone who wants to take this exam must have 4 years of HR experience with a Master's degree, 5 years of HR experience with a Bachelor's degree, or 7 years of HR experience with a high school diploma. The SPHR Certification Exam is offered through the HR Certification Institute and is offered all year long.
The Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) is a registered trademark of the HR Certification Institute, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How to Prepare for Your First Online Course
- 5 Tips for Passing Your SPHR Certification the First Time
- Textile Design Degrees with Course Information
- Handbag Design Course and Class Information
- Fashion Design Course and Class Information
- Commercial Design Course and Training Information
- Short Medical Courses in NY with School Information
- Online Esthetician Courses and Certification Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses