- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 54
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Basic SQL Query Syntax
Course SummaryMake use of this collection of lessons to expand your knowledge about the advantages and database applications of SQL. Created by experts, these lessons can expand your skill set by teaching you SQL syntax, data types, variations, and more.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In this tutorial collection, you can explore the uses and applications of the Standard Query Language (SQL). To address the full range of SQL topics, we have separated the information into several chapters, and each of those chapters includes a series of short, focused lessons on individual SQL concepts. All of the training materials in this collection have been designed by experts who know all the ins and outs of SQL, including how it is used in the business world and current database trends. This course can be used to both build and enhance your skill level, which could prove useful for upcoming employment or your current position. You can also use this course to train staff members and get everyone up to speed on using SQL.
The lessons provided in this course teach you to do the following:
- Examine the basics of SQL and its syntax
- Explain different SQL variations
- Point out data types found in SQL
- Offer examples of SQL databases
- Review common functions and statements used in SQL
- Show how to remove data in SQL
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Typing Practice, Skill Development and Training Lessons
- Beware: Lessons From Setting Up My Virtual Classroom
- List of Free Online Data Entry Courses and Lessons
- Microsoft SQL Certification and Training Options
- Schools for Aspiring SQL Developers: How to Choose
- Online SQL Certification and Certificate Information
- Become an SQL Developer: Education and Career Roadmap
- SQL Server Training Programs and Requirements
- SQL Server Certification and Certificate Program Overviews
- SQL Programmer: Job Description & Career Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses