- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 96
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Critical Thinking and Logic in Mathematics
Course SummaryComplete this study guide course to prepare for the STAAR Mathematics - Grade 7 exam. The course's bite-sized lessons can help you review all of the math concepts that you'll encounter on the exam, and the quizzes help you practice applying your math skills.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About this Course
This course has been assembled to provide students, like your own, with an additional way to study for the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) Mathematics - Grade 7 exam. It provides students with an extensive review of the different arithmetic, geometric, algebraic and statistical operations they may be asked to complete when they take the STAAR Mathematics - Grade 7 Exam. Following this series of lessons and assessments your student(s) should have a better understanding of how to:
- Think logically about math problems and solve basic operations with rational numbers
- Calculate probability and use these calculations to solve problems
- Solve problems with ratios, rates, proportions and percentages
- Solve real life problems that involve money and finances
- Use and convert between measures of the metric system
- Create and interpret various types of charts, graphs and other visual representations of data
- Work out problems with linear equations and linear inequalities
- Understand geometric concepts and find geometric properties
About the Exam
The state of Texas uses the STAAR Mathematics - Grade 7 exam to assess if students are learning what they need to from their seventh-grade math classes. This end-of-course exam is composed of 50 multiple-choice questions and four griddable-response items. These questions will measure your student(s) understanding of probability and numerical representations, computations and algebraic relationships, geometry and measurement, and data analysis and personal financial literacy.
Preparing and Registering for the STAAR Mathematics - Grade 7
Our expert instructors have designed this course to be an effective way for students to prepare for the STAAR Mathematics - Grade 7 exam. In addition to paying attention in their mathematics class, students can review the different mathematical procedures covered in their classes with these short, engaging lessons and then reinforce their understanding of those procedures by completing the lessons transcripts. You can have your students test their understanding and abilities by having them complete the lesson quizzes. Then use the results of these assessments to identify skills they may need to improve before test day.
If you have questions regarding your student(s) registration for the STAAR Mathematics - Grade 7 exam, contact your school/educational institution.
State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) Mathematics - Grade 7 is a registered trademark of the Texas Education Agency, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Study.com Helps You Improve Your Grades
- Which Skills Do Teacher Certification Exams Emphasize?
- Compass Exams
- 5 Ways Tech Can Help You Prepare for the SATs
- Easy Steps You Can Take to Help Students Appreciate Math
- How to Help Your ADHD Child Complete Their Homework
- Autism Studies Abroad Help Back Home
- Junior High Teacher Job Description and Requirements for Becoming a Junior High or Middle School Teacher
- Punching Machine Technician Employment Info and Requirements for Becoming a Punching Machine Technician
- Forklift Operator Job Outlook and Information About Becoming a Forklift Operator
- Art and Design Technology Certificate Programs in San Diego
- Video Camera Operator Employment Information and Requirements for Becoming a Video Camera Operator
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses