- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 333
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Who are the Founding Fathers of America? - History & Facts
Course SummaryGet ready for the STAAR U.S. History EOC exam by completing this comprehensive test preparation course. The course's expertly taught lessons help you review the historical events and concepts that appear on the test, and we've included practice quizzes to help you retain the information.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
We've designed this study guide to help you prepare for the STAAR U.S. History EOC exam. This course provides information about historical eras in the nation's history, wars the U.S. has been involved in, U.S. culture, the role of the government and changes to the economy. You'll also be able to familiarize yourself with the uses of critical thinking and research in the field of history. Our lessons offer specific information regarding:
- Independence and the rise of the U.S. as a world power
- WWI and WWII
- Reform and social change in the early 20th century
- The Vietnam War, the Cold War and the Gulf War
- The Civil Rights Movement and legislation
- Population growth and migration in the U.S.
- Landmark court cases and amendments to the Constitution
- Core values and civic participation
- Economic growth, development and interdependence
- Growth of science and technology
About the Exam
Texas uses the STAAR U.S. History EOC exam to assess what students have learned in their U.S. history course. The exam is broken down into categories that focus on history, geography, culture, government, citizenship, economics, science, technology, and society. You will need to answer 68 multiple-choice questions to complete the exam.
Preparing & Registering for the STAAR U.S. History EOC Exam
You can use this course to review historical information about the U.S. to get ready for the STAAR U.S. History EOC exam. Each historical milestone is covered by a brief, engaging lesson. You can measure your understanding of important dates and individuals with our interactive quizzes and chapter tests. We also have historical experts available to answer any questions you have throughout the study guide.
The STAAR U.S. History EOC exam is offered through the school system in Texas. This assessment is administered annually, at the end of your U.S. history course.
State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) is a registered trademark of the Texas Education Agency (TEA), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- How to Help Your Child With Test Anxiety
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- GED Classes with Test Preparation Material Information
- EMT Test and Exam Information with Tips
- How an IEP Can Help Your ADHD Kid Do Better on Tests
- NMTA Test Preparation & Resources
- CNS Test Preparation & Resources
- TACHS Test Preparation & Resources
- EPPP Test Preparation & Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses