- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 111
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Descriptive & Inferential Statistics: Definition, Differences & Examples
Course SummaryOur flexible Statistics for Teachers professional development course can help you earn credits to apply to your teacher's license renewal. Watch our short video and text lessons to complete this course in just a few weeks and refresh your knowledge of important statistics, data analysis and probability topics.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your math teaching license with Statistics for Teachers. Brush up on statistics topics so you can better teach algebra, business math, and other math subjects. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in under two weeks - perfect for teachers who need to earn math credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about probability and data analysis.
- Check your knowledge of things like probability distribution and statistical estimation with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert math instructors.
- Earn 3 college credits by taking the UExcel Statistics exam.
Always check with your school district or state Department of Education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. UExcel credits are accepted by over 2,000 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
Statistics for Teachers is ideal for any teachers looking to earn credits to use toward licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- Science and math teachers who want to brush up on statistics
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging statistics videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning a statistics unit or course
- Aspiring math teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make statistics easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert math instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review statistics terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible: Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn math credits in less than two weeks.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including Precalculus for Teachers, Quantitative Analysis for Teachers, and Research Methods in Psychology for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in statistics as well as algebra, calculus, geometry, and other math topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clinking on this link.
Course Plan for Earning Credit in Less Than Two Weeks
Follow this course plan if you want to complete Statistics for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in less than two weeks. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Assignment||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1||Chapter 1||Statistics Overview (parameters, sampling, bias)|
|Day 2||Chapter 2||Data Summarization (mean, median, mode, and range; spread; percentiles; standard deviation)|
|Day 3||Chapter 3||Tables and Plots (frequency tables, histograms, dot plots, bar graphs, pie charts)|
|Day 4||Chapter 4||Probability (mathematical sets, probability of independent and dependent events, simple conditional probabilities, independence, permutations)|
|Day 5||Chapter 5||Discrete Probability Distributions (random variables, expected values, binomial experiments)|
|Day 6||Chapter 6||Continuous Probability Distributions (normal distribution, z-scores, probabilities as areas of geometric regions)|
|Day 7||Chapter 7||Sampling (random sampling, sampling distributions, the central limit theorem, the law of large numbers)|
|Day 8||Chapter 8||Statistical Estimation (point and interval estimations, confidence intervals, t distribution, biased and unbiased estimators)|
|Day 9||Chapter 9||Hypothesis Testing (hypothesis testing for large independent samples, small independent samples, matched pairs, and proportions; effect size in hypothesis testing; type I and type II errors in hypothesis testing)|
|Day 10||Chapter 10||Regression and Correlation (scatter plots, linear regression, residual analysis, correlation coefficients, linear relationships)|
|Day 11||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for statistics|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- Statistics Courses and Classes Overview
- Utah Teacher License Renewal
- Nevada Teacher License Renewal
- Hawaii Teacher License Renewal
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Applied Statistics Courses and Training Programs
- Iowa Teacher License Renewal Requirements
- Colorado Substitute Teacher License Renewal
- Why Take Online Professional Development Courses?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses