- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 117
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is the Strategic Planning Process? - Model, Steps & Examples
Course SummaryImplement this course into your corporate training program to help your employees understand how to apply strategic management methods and concepts. By using these simple lessons, you can help your managers become more effective and better contribute to the success of your company.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course is designed to help your staff better understand strategic management principles, including business planning techniques, business ethics and data analysis methods. Through our convenient, mobile-friendly platform, your employees can learn how to apply these concepts to provide stronger leadership and help your company meet its goals.
How It Works
With 24/7 accessibility from any device, using this course is easy for you and your employees. Use the course in the office in a group setting or have employees access the lessons individually, either at work or at home.
Using this course involves:
- Watching short and engaging videos that provide expert overviews of strategic management topics
- Taking assessment quizzes to measure what has been learned and which topics might need to be further reviewed
- Completing chapter exams that allow employees to demonstrate their readiness in moving from one chapter to the next
- Contacting lesson instructors via an online form with any questions regarding this material
How It Helps
- Strengthens managerial performance: Managers with a greater understanding of strategic techniques and processes can more efficiently undertake their job responsibilities.
- Enhances success of your business: By understanding and implementing proven strategic management methods, your employees can become stronger decision makers and critical thinkers, which can help your company better reach its goals.
- Avoids management pitfalls: With a stronger sense of management planning and strategic thinking, your managers can learn how to become more effective leaders.
After they have completed this course, your employees should understand the following:
- How to assess competition and complete a SWOT analysis
- Key management principles and core business concepts
- Ways to apply strategic management methods and craft business strategy
- Steps in the strategic mangement process and using a PERT analysis
- How to work within the boundaries of business ethics
- Models for analyzing business management practices
- Use of technology in strategic management
- The creation and purpose of a business plan
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- How Company Culture Can Help You Retain Employees
- Plant Manager Training Programs and Courses
- Strategic Human Resource Management Education and Training Programs
- Should I Help My Child Apply to College? - Words of Wisdom From Parents of Successful Kids
- Organizational Management Courses and Training Programs
- Logistics Management Training Programs and Courses
- Why Front-Line Managers Need Better Training
- How an IEP Can Help Your ADHD Kid Do Better on Tests
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses