- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 15
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Strategic Management Process
Course SummaryImprove your employees' strategic management skills using the engaging video lessons in this Strategic Management in Business course. This short corporate learning course can help them to better understand decision making and goal-setting practices to improve their performance and productivity.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The video lessons included in this course offer convenient corporate training options for those needing to boost their strategic management skills. In around 10 minutes or less, the videos -- which were developed by professional instructors -- guide employees through the steps of strategic planning, formulating business goals, solving managerial problems and making good business decisions.
How It Works
By using the short lessons in this course, employees can quickly and easily strengthen their understanding of key strategic management concepts and principles. With the ability to complete this online training on both computers and mobile devices, company employees can take advantage of the course in the office, at home or wherever it fits their schedules.
Completing training with this course is entertaining and easy:
- Short video lessons apply strategic management concepts to real-world examples
- Videos contain tags so viewers can quickly rewatch key points
- Multiple-choice lesson quizzes allow employees to quickly assess their grasp of covered topics
- Chapter exams evaluate understanding of management and planning processes and strategies
- A unit exam confirms employees' comprehension of major course concepts
How It Helps
- Refreshes knowledge: To remain effective in the corporate world, employees regularly need to refresh their understanding of the fundamentals in strategic management, planning, business goal development and problem solving.
- Builds key skills and techniques: The video lessons in this course offer straightforward, step-by-step explanations of business processes and strategies so that employees can incorporate them into their projects quickly.
- Improves business decisions: This course teaches employees how to use decision-making tools, evaluate certainty and weigh risks so that they can make stronger, more informed business choices for the company.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Strategic Planning & Management in Business||Examine the steps in the strategic planning and management processes in addition to exploring common business strategies.|
|Planning & Setting Business Goals||Learn about setting business goals, understand the role of planning in management and differentiate between types of planning.|
|Strategic Decision Making & Problem Solving||Find out about the decision-making process and tools while also studying what's involved in PERT analysis, SWOT analysis and managerial problem solving.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Online International Business Management Courses
- IT Management Classes and Courses
- Strategic Planning Degree Programs with Course Information
- List of Free Online Management Courses and Lessons
- Distance Learning Training Courses in Industrial Management
- Colleges Offering Doctoral Programs in Strategic Management
- Strategic Management Specialist: Employment Info & Requirements
- Horticulture Business Management Course and Training Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses