- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 13
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Creativity? - Definition & Exercises
Course SummaryCreativity and innovation are vital to success in today's ever-changing business world. By watching the video lessons in this Strategies for Creative Problem Solving in the Workplace course, your employees can develop the skills needed to engage in creative problem solving.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course includes several chapters of short video lessons that can help your employees discover options for creative problem solving in the workplace. Our chapters can help them learn about creative work environments and the importance of critical thinking as well as techniques for making decisions, creating opportunities and working in groups.
How It Works
This course's structure allows for you to customize training for your group - for instance the videos can be watched all at once or one-at-time at different times,. You may use them as part of a corporate training event or assign them to your employees to watch on their own; employees may access the videos via computer, laptop, tablets and smartphones, which makes it simple to complete the course from anywhere.
Using the course is easy:
- Engaging video lessons demonstrate approaches to creative thinking and decision-making
- Quizzes at the end of each lesson allow employees to check their understanding of workplace creativity and innovation
- The videos include tags that allow you to quickly return to specific topics for extra review
- The main points of each chapter are confirmed with chapter exams and a final exam
How It Helps
- Builds creativity and critical thinking: In order to improve the creativity and critical thinking of employees, workplaces must know how to design a work environment that sparks innovative thinking.
- Develops techniques: This course teaches strategies for handling different types of problems so your employees know how to create viable solutions and find new opportunities.
- Improves teamwork: By understanding different team decision-making approaches and when to use them, your employees will understand how to work together as effective and creative teams.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Creativity & Innovation in the Workplace||Review the definition of creativity, how to engage in creative thinking to manage change, the differences between critical and creative thinking and ways to foster creativity at work.|
|Creative Problem Solving Techniques in Business||Learn steps and strategies for effective problem solving at work and how to create opportunities through positive reframing.|
|Team Problem Solving Techniques||Discover different approaches to problem solving, the problem solving tools used by high performance teams, the types of group decision making and its strengths as well as its weaknesses.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Jobs That Involve Creative Problem Solving
- Business Careers for Creative People
- Jobs for People Who Like to Solve Problems
- Creative Writing Courses and Classes Overview
- Creative Writing Professions Video: Career Options
- Online Creative Writing Class and Course Overviews
- Creative Jobs Using Your Hands
- Careers that Are Creative & Analytical
- Jobs for Creative Introverts
- Careers for Creative People
- Putting Advising First Kathleen Smith Discusses Florida State Universitys Award-Winning Student Advising Program
- Show ME The Money Should Schools Offer Students Financial Incentives
- Radiology School Dallas TX
- Graduate Students Should Think Seriously About Their Financial Futures
- 20 Most Underrated Colleges
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses