- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 51
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Effects of Technology in the Classroom
Course SummaryThis course is for any teacher who wants to learn effective strategies for teaching with technology. These short, focused lessons show you what others are doing to incorporate educational technology into their classrooms, and you can expect to review a variety of technology classroom resources.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Our expert instructors provide you with best practices, trends, and useful methods to incorporate technology into your teaching. They will show you how to use technology to better your instruction and improve student comprehension, along with other benefits.
How It Works
Study the short text and video lessons, then take the quiz that follows to test your understanding of the subject matter just covered. You can ask any questions you have of the instructor.
This course includes:
- Short text and video lessons that will help you learn about teaching effectively with technology
- Convenient keyword-based timeline tools for quick access to specific sections in the video lessons
- Transcripts that accompany each video lesson
- Lesson quizzes to assess your understanding of the material you just studied
- Chapter exams on teaching with technology as covered in the chapter you completed
- A final exam that tests your retention and comprehension of these strategies
How It Helps
- Explains strategies that have proven successful: Short lessons allow you to learn effective teaching with technology quickly.
- Familiarizes both teachers and students with technology in the class: Use of this course to train you can result in everyone in the classroom embracing technology as part of the learning experience.
- Improves students' ability to learn: Learning these practices can make for a more effective, efficient learning environment.
|Technology & the 21st Century Classroom|| Examine the effects of classroom technology|
See how to teach the digital generation
Get familiar with the design and management of the modern classroom
See why classroom technology is important
|Using Technology to Improve Teaching & Learning|| Research the use of technology in the classroom|
Work out curriculum design using current research
Explore use of and examples of technology in the classroom
Examine instruction in digital literacy
Look at the right technology for special needs students
Consider technology use in activities
Compare choices in electronic learning media and software
|Software Resources for Students in the Classroom|| Get familiar with online research using search engines|
Get to know Google docs, PowerPoint, Excel and wiki tools in the classroom
Consider students taking virtual field trips
Assess apps and games that support learning
|Educational Technology for All Learners|| Discover digital age brain-based teaching strategies|
Learn how to benefit from using technology in the classroom
Look at types of classroom assistive technology and assistive technology for disabled students
|Using Educational Technology in the Classroom|| Get to know flipped classroom use of videos|
Look at use of blended learning strategies
Work with STEM setup ideas
Compare project-based, smart board, and Promethean board activities
Examine classroom management resources that are technology-based
|Technology & Early Childhood Education|| Discuss technology that is appropriate for the early childhood classroom|
See how to use technology in preschool
Get to know technology for use in kindergarten
|Educational Technology for Specific Subjects|| Look at math technology and game apps|
Consider ELA classroom technology
Compare technology to use for science, foreign language, and music
|Computer Science Overview for Young Learners|| Get introduced to programming for beginners|
Work with tips for teaching computer programming to kids
Learn how to teach computer science to children
|Trends in Educational Technology|| See trends teachers should know|
Get a handle on a learning management system
Take a look at the classroom and future technology
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Technology in the Classroom
- Tips for Using Technology in the Classroom As a New Teacher
- Co-Teaching Strategies That Were Effective in My Classroom
- Using Technology Can Change Your Classroom for the Better
- Ethical Issues with Using Technology in the Classroom
- How School Funding Impacts Technology in Your Classroom
- Pros & Cons of Using Technology in the Elementary Classroom
- Integrating Technology in the High School Classroom with Video Lessons
- Classroom Management Resources for Teachers
- Overcoming Legal Issues with Implementing Technology in the Classroom
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses