- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 106
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 124 Hour Clock Lesson Plan
Course SummaryThis convenient online course provides helpful lesson plans, games and activities that can benefit your students and set them up for success in class. Use any computer or mobile device to access these resources and help your students improve their study and research skills.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
This course was developed to help educators create effective strategies for teaching student success skills, including study and research skills. You can also find games and activities to engage your students and help make learning fun. Get help implementing SMART goals and effective study habits, as well as teaching your students how to develop the following skills:
- Library research
- Time management
- Concept mapping
- Sourcing & citation
How It Works
With these resources, we provide the basics you need for teaching your students classroom skills designed to help them succeed. Log in from any computer or mobile device whenever you have a few minutes to access lesson plans, activities and other teaching resources.
The course includes:
- Video lessons, each lasting an average of 5-10 minutes, that will help you teach success skills to your students
- Discussion prompts to get your class engaged in a lesson, which helps build understanding and retention
- Lesson transcripts that you can print and use as handouts in class or as a homework help aid
- Engaging quizzes and chapter exams you can use to gauge students' comprehension of the topics
- Games and activity ideas that encourage students to participate in learning
How It Helps
- Details helpful strategies: Focused lesson plans assist you in coming up with workable curriculum plans to guide your classroom instruction.
- Improves student engagement: Your students will stay engaged with activities and games you can use to teach them important success skills.
- Meets curriculum standards: These lessons cover the essential elements that align with common core ELA standards.
|Study Skills Lesson Plans||Take a look at lesson plans for Socratic method, SMART goals, study skills, concept attainment, and time management |
See suggestions for good study habit development
|Research Lesson Plans||Review lesson plans for primary and secondary sources, library skills, fact and opinion, MLA citation, concept maps|
Find research topics that can be assigned to elementary students
|Cause & Effect Games & Activities||Look over games that teach cause and effect|
Learn how to incorporate activities and essay topics relating to cause and effect
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Setting Students Up for Success with Study.com's Courses
- How Teachers Can Set Students Up for Success During the Summer
- Essential Mobile Apps for Online College Students
- Car-Sharing Helps College Students Get Mobile
- Online Courses and Classes in Computer Design
- Online Computer Technology Classes and Courses
- Online Computer Engineering Courses and Classes
- How Changing to a Hybrid Classroom Helped Catapult My Students to Success
- College Students: How to Use the Summer to Set Yourself Up for Success Next Year
- Improve Your Students' Writing Skills by Letting Them Draw
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses