- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 35
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Arctic Animals List & Flashcards
Course SummaryThe fun and interactive flashcard sets in this collection can quickly and effectively enhance your study of animals. Examine the flashcards to strengthen your ability to excel on a test, assignment or project that covers various types and classifications of animals.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About These Flashcards
Simplify the process of studying various types of animals with help from these entertaining flashcard sets. The flashcards are designed to deepen your animal knowledge through the use of repetition and memorization. Each set covers a unique topic to ensure you're able to comprehend this subject at a comfortable pace. Some topics these flashcards cover include the following:
- Animal classifications, such as herbivores, scavengers and invertebrates
- Apes, birds and other types of animals
- Bony fish, fishing techniques and more related to aquatic animals
- Freshwater, grassland and additional biome animals
How Flashcards Help
- Information retention: Enables you to use memorization to retain information about carnivores, farm animals, fish anatomy, desert animals and much more.
- Vocabulary expansion: Deepens your knowledge of the meaning of specific words and phrases related to animals and their classifications.
- Mobile-friendly: Ensures you're able to study these animal topics using any smartphone or tablet that can secure an Internet connection.
How They Work
Flashcards make it simple to improve your understanding of important animal characteristics, classifications and locations while simultaneously enhancing your memorization skills.
- Go to a chapter that covers the animal topics you need to learn.
- Open a flashcard set for the topic you're studying.
- Identify the image, word, name or event on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Fun Jobs with Animals
- Flashcards - The Domestication of Plants & Animals
- Flashcards - Interactive & Project-Based Student Learning
- Flashcards - Developing & Strengthening Writing
- Flashcards - Enhancing Social Health
- Flashcards - Verbal Ability: Analogies
- Flashcards - Resumes and Cover Letters
- Flashcards - Data Collection Methods
- Flashcards - Format & Modify Text with Functions in Excel
- Flashcards - Modern Classification Systems
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses