- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 56
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Grammar Terms List & Flashcards
Course SummaryThis collection of flashcard sets verifies how well you understand the rules and concepts associated with grammar. Study with these flashcards to boost your confidence concerning grammar terms, and go through the flashcards frequently to commit grammar definitions to memory.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About These Flashcards
Open up the flashcard sets provided in this collection as you begin to review all of the terms, rules, and practices related to grammar. These flashcards can improve your ability to recognize grammar concepts and answer related questions. Some of the available sets in this course review the following topics:
- Connectors and conjunctions
- Descriptive words
- Pronouns and nouns
- English verbs
- Phrases and words
How Flashcards Help
- Student engagement: Provides a more interactive way to learn about grammar tenses and uses.
- Information retention: Repetition can help you remember critical rules about verbs, nouns, and other parts of speech.
- Mobile-friendly: Access these sets any time from any mobile device to quiz yourself for an upcoming test, homework help or simply to learn more about the uses and rules for conjunctions.
How They Work
Through the use of repetition, these flashcards will help you go through all of the key grammar concepts, giving you the chance to absorb the information and be more likely to recall it for a test later on.
- Go to a chapter that covers the grammar topics you need to learn.
- Open a flashcard set for the topic you're studying.
- Identify the image, word, definition or rule on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Grammar Games
- Grammar Worksheets & Practice
- English Grammar Teacher Career Info
- Grammar School Principal: Job Description & Requirements
- GED Study Guide Flashcards
- Flashcards - GED Social Studies: Analyzing Texts
- Flashcards - GED RLA: Understanding Informational Texts
- Flashcards - About the Accuplacer Arithmetic Test
- Flashcards - GED General Skills
- Ten Ways to Boost Your GPA
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses