- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 22
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Abelisaurids List & Flashcards
Course SummaryThis interactive collection of flashcard sets improves your ability to excel on a class assignment, quiz or test that covers paleontology. Make studying fun and simple while strengthening your memorization skills.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About These Flashcards
If you are looking for a fun resource that can help you better understand paleontology, you've reached the right place! Grasp important paleontology concepts by exploring flashcards that closely examine various dinosaurs and fossils. Utilizing these flashcards helps with information retention and enables you to easily remember topics that include:
- Families and orders of dinosaurs
- Transitional fossils and other aspects of studying paleontology
- Bipedal, herbivorous and other types of dinosaurs
How Flashcards Help
- Student engagement: Enables you to study a variety of paleontology topics in an interactive manner that keeps you engaged.
- Learning strategies: Helps you utilize the learning strategy of memorization to improve your comprehension of Jurassic period dinosaurs, sauropods, abelisaurids and much more.
- Self-monitoring: Allows you to monitor your progress as you study paleontology by confirming your comprehension of specific topics and setting aside those you need to review at a later time.
How They Work
Flashcards serve as excellent tools of study when striving to memorize specific dinosaur families, orders, types and other aspects of paleontology.
- Go to a chapter that covers the paleontology topics you need to learn.
- Open a flashcard set for the topic you're studying.
- Identify the image, word, name or event on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses