- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 73
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Management Roles and Principles
Course SummaryIn just a few weeks, prepare to earn professional development credits by reviewing our engaging Supervision Principles for Teachers course. The video and text lessons included in this course are mobile friendly and flexible so you can study at your convenience, any time.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
8 chapters in Supervision Principles for Teachers: Professional Development
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your business teaching license with Supervision Principles for Teachers. Brush up on supervision topics so you can better teach marketing, management principles, and other business topics. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in under two weeks - perfect for teachers who need to earn business credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about the roles of a supervisor and functions of management.
- Check your knowledge of things like global organizations and labor management with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert business instructors.
- Earn 3 college credits by taking the DSST Supervision Principles exam.
Always check with your school district or state Department of Education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. DSST credits are accepted by over 2,000 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
Supervision Principles for Teachers is ideal for any teachers looking to earn credits to use toward licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- Business and marketing teachers who want to brush up on supervision principles
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging supervision videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning a supervision principles unit or course
- Aspiring business teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make supervision principles easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert business instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review supervision terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible: Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn business credits in less than two weeks.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including Management for Teachers, Marketing for Teachers, and Quantitative Analysis for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in supervision principles as well as business ethics, organizational behavior, management, and other business topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clinking on this link.
Course Plan for Earning Credit in Less Than Two Weeks
Follow this course plan if you want to complete Supervision Principles for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in less than two weeks. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Assignment||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1||Chapter 1||Roles and Responsibilities of the Supervisor (managerial skills, supervisory skills, business ethics, social responsibility in organizations, power types in leadership)|
|Day 2||Chapter 2||Function of Management (the four functions of management, the seven steps of decision making, problem solving methods in management and supervision)|
|Day 3||Chapter 3||Planning and Controls as Management Functions (types of planning, SWOT analysis, the strategic management process, business strategies, international business expansion methods)|
|Day 4||Chapter 4||Organizing as a Management Function (organizational design and structure, organizational chart and hierarchy, traditional and contemporary organizational designs)|
|Day 5||Chapter 5||Leadership in Management (management vs. leadership, the needs theory, equity theory of motivation)|
|Day 6||Chapter 6||Staffing and Labor Management in Organizations (governmental regulation and management, affirmative action, human resource management, employee training programs, conflict resolution)|
|Day 7||Chapter 7||Managing Diversity and Global Organizations (discrimination in the workplace, characteristics of international managers, sexual harassment, diversity issues)|
|Day 8||Chapter 8||Communication as a Supervisor (importance of communication, the communication process, types of communication)|
|Day 9||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for supervision principles|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Teachers: How to Find Time For Professional Development
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Why Take Online Professional Development Courses?
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- New Jersey Schools with Professional Development Courses in Education
- How to Prepare for Your First Online Course
- Master of Business Administration MBA Online High-Tech Degree
- Bachelor of Business Administration Online Organizational Psychology and Development Degree
- Online Graduate Degrees in Organizational Leadership
- Software Programmer Training
- Career Information for a Degree or Certification in Communication Technology
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses