- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 95
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Nonvascular Plants: Examples, Definition & Characteristics
Course SummaryBuild your confidence in science subjects, including chemistry, astronomy and biology, with our engaging study course. Fun video lessons and quizzes will help you understand more about the topics you're learning about in class.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
|Course Progress||Best Score|
|Lesson 1 - 7th Grade Life Science Projects Ideas|
|Lesson 2 - Earth Science Projects for Middle School|
About this Course
Our Supplemental Science course is packed with video lessons across all areas of science. The lessons can help you prepare for a science exam, dig deeper into a topic you're interested in, or simply explore an area of science that you've always wanted to learn more about. These lessons are a supplement to our other science courses and provide deeper instruction on specific concepts and vocabulary words. Don't see what you're looking for? See all of our science courses to find exactly what you're looking for.
Some of the topics covered in this course include:
Dig deep into all aspects of biology, including mitosis and meiosis, the difference between bacteria and viruses, and DNA.
Want to learn more about biology? See all of our biology courses.
Learn about the elements of the periodic table, chemistry lab equipment, and how different types of molecules behave.
Want to learn more about chemistry? See our full chemistry course.
Watch videos on all aspects of physics, such as forces of attraction and perpetual motion.
Learn more physics with our physical science course.
Anatomy & Physiology
Our anatomy and physiology lessons cover everything you ever wanted to know about the human body. Learn about all the different organs, bones, and muscles and how they interact with each other.
Want to dig even deeper into human anatomy and physiology? Take our anatomy and physiology course.
Get an overview of Earth science with lessons covering the center of the Earth all the way up through the atmosphere.
Understand how our planet's systems and components work with our Earth Science 101 course.
Learn all about rocks and the different layers of the Earth.
Dig into our physical geology course. to learn about the elements and theories of Earth.
Environmental Science & Ecology
Find out all about the different ecosystems and biomes across the globe.You can also learn about the different types of renewable and nonrenewable resources extracted from the environment.
Check out Environmental Science 101 for even more lessons on the environment.
Get the details on all of the planets in our solar system as well as other aspects of astronomy, including types of galaxies, stars, and constellations.
Take a journey through our Astronomy 101 course to explore celestial objects in and outside of our solar system and probe the laws of the universe.
Health & Nursing
Learn everything from nutrition concepts to types of diseases and injuries.
For more options, browse our course catalog to see all available courses.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- List of Free Online Astronomy Courses, Classes and Learning Materials
- Distance Learning Graduate Courses in Astronomy
- Radio Astronomy Course and Class Information
- Chemistry Courses and Classes Overview
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Video Production Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses