- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 34
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Systems Thinking? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryHelp your company's leaders understand a better way of analyzing and solving problems. Use this Systems Thinking for Leaders course so your management team can review various systems thinking models and theories to make the right decisions for your company.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Have your managers review the short video and text lessons that make up this course to explore systems thinking in organizations. Each lesson takes less than 10 minutes to review. This course allows your employees to learn more about systems thinking processes and tools, organizational leadership, and leadership approaches.
How It Works
With 24/7 accessibility from any device, these lessons can be used during office hours or from home. Lessons can be viewed as often as needed, and videos contain jump tags so employees can focus only on those topics they need most to review.
The course contains:
- Expert instruction in short lessons about systems thinking models and applications
- Self-assessment lesson quizzes that allow employees to check their understanding of all aspects of systems thinking
- A print option for all lessons so employees can generate quick-reference materials if desired
- Chapter exams that ensure full understanding of each topics as employees move through the course
- A final exam to show that employees have retained all details and are ready to apply the concepts discussed in this course in the workplace
How It Helps
- Improves leadership skills: Builds stronger management abilities so your company leaders can strengthen critical thinking, decision making and analytical skills.
- Creates a more effective way to resolve problems: Shows your managers how to break down problems with systems thinking approaches to more quickly and effectively resolve issues.
- Enhances collaboration and team building: Produces more capable leaders who can implement stronger management and collaborative skills to direct teams to more quickly reach goals and address problems.
After completing this course, your employees will have a better understanding of:
- The definition of systems thinking
- The use of systems thinking in learning organizations
- Approaches and practices in systems thinking leadership
- Designing teams and building effective systems thinking models
- Structural modeling software and characteristics of systems failure
- The application of systems thinking transformation methods
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- 10 Ways Leadership Roles Will Help You Succeed After College
- 5 Ways to Use Design Thinking in Your Classroom
- Black Leaders in Education
- What You Should Know to Better Understand Passover
- Use Formative Assessments to Better Understand Every Student
- Master in Systems and Network Management
- Jobs that Require Quick Thinking
- List of Free Online Courses in Education Leadership
- Master of Arts in Management and Leadership
- Technology Makes Better Teachers?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses