- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 108
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Scientific Method: Steps, Terms & Examples
Course SummaryPrepare for the TCAP HS EOC Biology I test with this helpful study guide course. The course can be completed at your own pace, and it includes expertly taught lessons and assessments that cover all of the biology concepts you'll need to know.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Use this effective study guide course to review everything you need to know for the Tennessee Comprehensive Assessment Program High School End of Course (TCAP HS EOC) Biology I exam. These short, yet comprehensive lessons examine fundamental biology topics using a straightforward and memorable teaching style. This study resource helps you study all the exam's topics, including:
- Technology, engineering and inquiry in science
- Cell organelles, structures and processes
- Organic biochemistry
- DNA structure and replication
- Genetics, heredity and gene technology
- The relationship between ecology, organism populations and the environment
- Human impact on the environment
- Matter and energy flow
About the Exam
The TCAP HS EOC Biology I exam evaluates essential biology knowledge that high school students in Tennessee should have in order to pursue secondary education and enter the workforce. Containing approximately 65 multiple-choice questions, the exam covers variety of broad biology topics. Students have 75 minutes to finish the exam.
TCAP HS EOC Biology I Preparation & Registration
To prepare for the test, you can take this study guide course in sequence for a fully dimensional review of important biology concepts; alternatively, you can use your course Dashboard and the interactive video timelines to jump to specific topics you need extra help studying. Each lesson highlights the most important biology definitions, concepts and processes. After watching a lesson, you're encouraged to take the accompanying lesson quiz to make sure you fully understand the information and practice answering the types of questions you can expect on the TCAP biology exam.
The biology exam is part of the Tennessee Department of Education's annual assessments, which are required for all Tennessee high school students. The exams measure students' progress through the school year in particular subject areas. Students take the biology test along with other subject exams on their scheduled testing day.
TCAP is a registered trademark of the Tennessee Department of Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What You Need To Know About The ParaPro Assessment
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- Online General Biology Course Information
- Wildlife Biology Course and Class Descriptions
- Systems Biology Course and Class Information
- List of Free Online Biology Courses and Classes
- Online Wildlife Biology Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Cell Biology Course and Class Overviews
- Online Molecular Biology Course and Class Reviews
- Online Graduate Biology Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses