- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 111
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Founding of Ancient Rome & Rome's Early History
Course SummaryThis TCI History Alive -The Medieval World and Beyond Textbook Companion Course uses simple and fun videos to help students learn about medieval times and world history and earn a better grade. Each of the video lessons is about five minutes long and is sequenced to align with the chapters in the History Alive The Medieval World and Beyond textbook.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
34 chapters in TCI History Alive The Medieval World and Beyond: Online Textbook Help
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the History Alive The Medieval World and Beyond textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Identify the chapter in your History Alive The Medieval World and Beyond textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our TCI History Alive The Medieval World and Beyond Textbook Companion Course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the medieval topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning History Alive The Medieval World and Beyond fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like the Hundred Years' War and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will learn topics including:
- Legacy of the Roman Empire
- Feudalism developing in Western Europe
- The Catholic Church
- Everyday life in medieval towns
- Peasant revolts and the weakening of feudalism
- The Byzantine Empire
- Origins and expansion of Islam
- The Crusades
- Early West African societies and the Ghana Empire
- Islam's influence on West Africa
- Imperial China's political development
- China's inventions and findings
- The fall of Imperial China
- Influence of China and Korea on Japan
- Japan's Golden Age
- The Japanese military society
- Mayas, Aztecs and Incas and their accomplishments
- The Renaissance
- Protestant Reformation
- Age of Exploration
- Scientific Revolution
History Alive is a registered trademark of TCI, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Courses in World History
- Online Medieval History Courses and Classes Overview
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- List of Free Online World History Courses and Classes
- 7 World History Facts That Will Amaze Your Kids
- World History Teacher: Employment Info & Requirements
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- How Students Can Really Help in a World Crisis
- CLEP Social Sciences and History: Aftermath of WWII Around the World
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses