Course SummaryThis textbook companion course uses simple and fun videos to help students learn world history and earn a better grade in school. This textbook companion effectively teaches important world history concepts and is sequenced to align with the chapters in the History Alive! World Connections textbook.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the History Alive! World Connections textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Identify the chapter in your History Alive! World Connections textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our History Alive! World Connections Textbook Companion Course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the world history topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning History Alive! World Connections fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like industrialization and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will be able to learn all the history topics in the textbook with this engaging course, including:
- Cause and effects of historical change
- The effect of geography and climate on civilizations
- Tools of empire creation
- World religions such as Judaism, early Christianity, Islam and Hinduism
- The Roman Empire
- The decline of feudalism
- Characteristics of the Byzantine Church
- Trade in West Africa
- The Mayan civilization
- Timeline of events during the Renaissance
- Art and technology of the Ming Dynasty
- Innovations of the Enlightenment
- Major events of the American Revolution
- Urbanization during the Industrial Revolution
- Characteristics of European imperialism
- The Franco-Prussian War
- Factors that led to WWI
- The rise of communism
- The attack on Pearl Harbor
- Reconstruction of the Japanese government after WWII
- Causes of the Cold War
- Decolonization in Asia and Africa
- The creation of Israel
- Impact of the 1970s oil embargo
- Effects of global climate change
History Alive! World Connections is a registered trademark of TCI, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Courses in World History
- How to Skip the Textbook and Still Earn an A
- List of Free Online World History Courses and Classes
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- 7 World History Facts That Will Amaze Your Kids
- World History Teacher: Employment Info & Requirements
- Do Schools Really Need to Teach History?
- Textbook Rebels with a Cause
- Why Buy a Textbook When You Can Rent?
- CLEP Social Sciences and History: Aftermath of WWII Around the World
- Distance Learning Master of Electronics Engineering Technology University Degrees
- Physical Therapists Aide Job Outlook and Requirements for Becoming a Physical Therapists Aide
- Environmental Health Administrator Employment Info and Requirements for a Career in Environmental Health Admin
- Best Mfa Photography Programs
- Sap Project Manager Job Description Salary Responsibilities
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses