- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 146
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Commercial Revolution Lesson Plan
Course SummaryIf you need a hand refreshing your economics curriculum or creating new lesson plans for your classroom, this engaging course of teacher resources can help. Use this resource at your convenience on any computer, tablet or smartphone to work when it's best for you.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In this course, we've included resources and lesson plans you can use to teach economics to your students. Whether you're just beginning or want to re-vamp your current lesson plans, the professionally written resources in this course can help you. You'll find plans here that cover Adam Smith, economic production and growth and much more. This resource is useful for a variety of educational objectives, from creating lectures to crafting interesting discussion questions that will get your students interested in this material.
How It Works
Our course contains chapters made up of individual lessons grouped together by topics that you can work through at your own pace and convenience.
The resources found in this course include:
- Lesson plans that outline economics and how to effectively teach it
- Video lessons that make economics interesting to learn about
- Lesson transcripts that work well as study guides or handouts
- Resources for games and activities that help students understand
How It Helps
- Common Core: Ensures your curriculum meets all education requirements and takes the stress out of your planning time
- Vocabulary words: Focuses on key concepts, individuals and dates that are important for your students to grasp in order to understand this information
- Group projects: Helps you create engaging prompts for projects that help bring these concepts to life for your students
Here you will review lesson plans on topics such as:
- Adam Smith and his role in economics
- Business and economic production
- Economic recession and growth
- Economic systems
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Classroom Management Resources for Teachers
- Home Economics Curriculum with Course Descriptions
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Lesson Plans for Teachers
- 6 Lesson Planning Tips for New Teachers
- Help! My School Isn't Providing the Resources I Need to Teach a Special Needs Child
- Human Resources Degrees in New York City with Course Summaries
- Human Resources Colleges and Schools in New York with Course Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses