- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 122
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Regions of North America Lesson Plan
Course SummaryEnsure your lessons and curriculum are current and engaging by utilizing this teacher resource course on teaching geography of the Americas. Each lesson plan included here is written by a professional instructor and accessible to you 24 hours a day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The series of lesson plans in this helpful teacher resource course can help you teach your students about the geography of the Americas. Utilize your planning time to the maximum by reviewing these lesson plans on the geography of Texas, Latin America and the Western U.S. on any mobile device or computer at your convenience.
How It Works
Each chapter in this course is grouped into lesson plans by subject for ease of use. These lesson plans can be easily modified and adjusted as required in order to fit your curriculum needs.
The resources provided here include:
- Resources and lesson plans on the geography of the Americas
- Short videos that can be used in class
- Lesson transcripts you can modify for homework, quizzes or handouts
- Additional resources you can use to enrich classroom study
How It Helps
- Improves student engagement: This course includes engaging videos, project ideas, and student assessments that can help students understand American geography concepts.
- Educational standards: Gives you confidence that all the subjects and lessons you're teaching effectively meet all required curriculum standards.
- Group and individual projects: Enables you to quickly put together enriching and challenging group or individual project ideas on North, South, and Central America for hands-on learning.
The subjects covered in this course include:
- Geography of Latin America and the Caribbean
- Midwest, Northeast, Southern and Western U.S. geography
- North American geography
- U.S. geography
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- Lesson Plans for Teachers
- Digital Citizenship | Curriculum, Lessons and Lesson Plans
- ESL Lesson Plans for ESL Teachers
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- Substitutes: What To Do When the Teacher Doesn't Leave a Lesson Plan
- 6 Lesson Planning Tips for New Teachers
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses