- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 39
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Digital Citizenship? - Definition & Themes
Course SummaryIf you need to teach your students how to safely use social media and become a responsible digital citizen, this course is for you. These effective teacher resources include lessons, strategies and materials that can help you show your students the essentials of safe online communication.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Learn how to foster proper Internet use with some tips and strategies you can relate in your classroom. The lessons in this course will help you show your students ways in which they can use social media safely, communicate effectively online, properly use various online materials and understand steps to take to ensure Internet privacy.
How It Works
Follow experienced instructors as they explain techniques and use examples in brief text and video lessons. After each lesson, take self-assessment quizzes that reflect how much you have learned and identify topics you might need to further review. Lesson transcripts are printable for quick reference and are accessible on any device at any time.
This course includes:
- Brief text and video lessons with engaging content
- Quizzes to help you determine how much you know
- Instructor contact information so you can directly ask any lesson-specific questions
- A final exam to measure overall knowledge about all topics covered in the course
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Helps you to raise awareness about Internet safety practices for your students.
- Teaches proper usage: Ensures your students are using Internet tools correctly.
- Increases technological knowledge: Provides details that helps you overcome any technological challenges you as a teacher might be experiencing regarding Internet use and security.
- Defining digital citizenship
- Understanding dangers posed by social media use
- Using online resources properly
- Respecting online privacy
- Communicating with positive and non-threatening language online
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- What to Teach Your Students About Digital Citizenship
- Teaching ESL Students | Resources for ESL Teachers
- 45 Essential Resources for Student Writers
- Online Courses and Degree Programs in Digital Media Communications
- How Gifted Students Can Help Teachers Get Other Students Engaged
- Online Courses for Television and Digital Media Production
- What You Can Do As a Teacher Who Is Bullied by Your Students
- Online Courses for Becoming an Art Teacher
- Essential Financial Aid Resources for Returning Students
- HVAC Design Engineer Employment Info and Requirements for a HVAC Design Engineering Career
- Orthodontic Technician Job Duties and Requirements for Becoming an Orthodontic Assistant or Technician
- Distance Learning Courses in International Health
- MBA Programs in Buffalo NY
- Top Schools for Criminal Justice Law Enforcement and Corrections Programs
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses