- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 53
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder: Definition of ADHD
Course SummaryThis course helps educators better understand ADHD and the accommodations needed for students who have this disorder. These resources explain ADHD concepts and offer effective classroom management and instructional strategies that you can implement into your classroom.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course is designed to help educators effectively teach students who have Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Whether you are new to teaching students with ADHD or are looking for ways to improve your classroom management skills, these resources can help you better understand this disorder and effectively support students with ADHD. The course outlines the signs, symptoms and treatments of ADHD and offers plenty of instructional techniques and activities to help you ensure the success of students who have ADHD.
How It Works
You'll find short and engaging video and text lessons that cover various ADHD topics. Each lesson comes with a short quiz that's designed to test your understanding of the material and retain the information. These resources can be accessed at any time and on any mobile device or computer.
The course includes:
- Bite-sized lessons designed to improve your understanding of ADHD and implement effective classroom techniques
- Interactive timelines that allow you jump to specific definitions and topics
- Lesson transcripts to enhance your studying experience
- Self-assessment quizzes, chapter exams and a final exam to help ensure your comprehension and retention of ADHD concepts
How It Helps
- Improves instructional techniques: These resources educate teachers on ways they can better support and instruct students with ADHD.
- Improves student performance: Applying classroom adjustments and instructional techniques for ADHD students can improve their performance in class.
- Educates teachers: These resources clearly outline the causes, symptoms, treatments and intervention methods for ADHD.
- Addresses special education accommodations: Lessons identify ADHD laws and accommodations in schools.
- Understanding ADHD
- Identifying the characteristics and effects of ADHD
- Assessing ADHD comorbidity
- Recognizing ADHD treatments and interventions
- Helping learners with ADHD
- Implementing instructional techniques and classroom adjustments for students with ADHD
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Ideas for Elementary School Classrooms with Students Who Have ADHD
- Co-Teaching Strategies That Were Effective in My Classroom
- Classroom Management Resources for Teachers
- How an IEP Can Help Your ADHD Kid Do Better on Tests
- Do Fidget Spinners Help Students with ADHD?
- Strategies to Help Your ADHD Child Succeed at School
- Strategies to Help Your ADHD Child Focus on Classwork
- Need Help Choosing a Preschool for Your Kid with ADHD?
- How Technology Can Help Your ADHD Student Stay Focused
- Classroom Management Strategies | Classroom Rules & Procedures
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses