- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 51
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Emotional & Behavioral Disorders: Definition, Characteristics & Causes
Course SummaryThis self-paced and mobile-friendly course is designed to help educators better manage, teach and support students with emotional and behavioral disorders. Access these helpful lessons at any time for disorder-specific information, teaching strategies, classroom management tips and more.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
If you're a teacher who has difficulty managing students with emotional or behavioral disorders, look no further than this convenient collection of supplemental teacher resources. Inside the course, you'll find helpful strategies that can enhance your instructional and classroom management skills. You'll also study the symptoms of several disorders, including panic disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, and generalized anxiety disorder. The course also includes strategies to help you intervene with problematic behavior, modify your classroom and positively support your students.
How It Works
The course is comprised of bite-sized lessons that examine common emotional and behavioral disorder topics. Lesson quizzes are included to help you evaluate your understanding of the material and your readiness to apply these teaching strategies in the classroom. For your convenience, we've made the course available 24/7 and accessible on any desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
The course includes:
- Brief video and text-based lessons to help you supplement your teaching skills
- Lesson transcripts to reinforce the concepts you study
- Practice quizzes to solidify your comprehension of important teaching concepts, strategies and definitions
- An intuitive course Dashboard feature that allows you to jump to specific lesson topics
How It Helps
- Improves classroom management skills: These resources outline useful strategies that help teachers better manage students with behavioral problems.
- Educates teachers: The course highlights the causes and characteristics of several emotional/behavioral disorders so teachers can better identify, understand and support their students.
- Enhances student performance: By applying disorder-specific teaching strategies, teachers can help their students succeed in the classroom.
- Helps accommodate students: Lessons offer classroom modification suggestions to help teachers better accommodate students who have behavioral and emotional disorders.
- Understanding emotional, behavioral and anxiety disorders
- Teaching students who have psychotic, behavioral and mood disorders
- Adapting the classroom environment to support students with special needs
- Applying effective classroom management and positive behavior support strategies
- Intervening with students who have emotional and behavioral problems
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Time Management Tips for College Students
- Avoiding Teacher Burnout - 5 Time Management Tips
- Dealing with Difficult Students - Classroom Management Tips
- 5 Classroom Management Tips That All Teachers Should Know About
- 6 Student Teaching Tips to Help You Shine
- Time Management for Teachers IN & Out of the Classroom
- Teaching Students with Disabilities: Strategies for Regular Classrooms
- Tips for Transferring From a Classroom Teaching Model to a Blended Classroom
- How Self-Regulation Can Help Your ADHD Child Manage School Behavior
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Tax Preparer Courses
- Space Scientist Job Description and Information About Starting a Career in Space Science
- Evolutionary Psychology Masters Programs in California
- Career Information for a Degree in Foreign Languages
- Medical Social Worker MSW Career Information About Becoming a Medical Social Worker
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses