- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 36
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Learning? - Understanding Effective Classroom Strategies
Course SummaryIn this course, you'll find a variety of instructional resources that can help you adapt your instruction based on different learning styles. The course offers short lessons that cover effective teaching strategies, classroom adaptations, assessments and instructional tools for a several learning styles.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
The instructors who wrote this course designed it to meet your needs as a teacher in the classroom. You will find lessons explaining different learning styles as well as strategies and tools to target different learning styles. When you use these lessons, you may review some old ways or discover new ways to cater to the different learning styles students have to enhance their learning experience.
How It Works
We understand the demands of your schedule as a teacher so our videos are both short and informative. You can also access the course from different kinds of mobile devices - in any location where you can get reliable Internet access.
In this course you will find:
- Video lessons on various teaching strategies lasting no longer than ten minutes
- Fully written transcripts of each video lesson with key terminology in bold for easy reference
- A timeline feature that takes you to specific parts of a video you want to review
- Quizzes, chapter tests and a final exam on the strategies, tools and suggestions that are discussed in these lessons
How It Helps
- Review learning styles: Refresh your knowledge on the different types of learning styles so you can identify the learning habits of your students.
- Apply new tools and methods: Use the lessons to gain insights on how best to approach and cater to various learning styles.
- Enhance the learning process: By applying the techniques and tools presented in the lessons, you will be able to enhance each student's learning process to increase retention and attention.
|Understanding Learning Styles||Characteristics of learning and learning styles|
Reasoning behind application of learning styles
Factors affecting learning
Awareness of learning styles
Science of learning
|Learning Style Models||Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)|
Kolb's experiential learning theory
Grasha's four basic clusters
|Teaching Strategies for Different Learning Styles||Multiple intelligences|
Strategies for visual, auditory/musical, verbal/linguistic, physical/kinesthetic, logical, social style, and intrapersonal styles
|Adapting the Classroom for Different Learning Styles||Classroom environmental factors|
Adapting to students with sensory challenges
How to design a classroom for different learning types
|Assessing Different Learning Styles in the Classroom||Learning modalities|
Accommodating to learning styles
Types of assessments
Benefits of assessments
|Instructional Tools for Different Learning Styles||Classroom technology|
Different instructional strategies
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Adapt Your Teaching Style & Lesson Plans to Different Learning Styles
- Enhancing Your Instruction with Your Very Own Teaching Style
- QuickBooks Instruction and Learning Options
- How Virtual Instruction Can Help Alternative Learning Groups
- CAD Instruction Courses and Classes
- Differentiated Instruction in Classrooms
- My Convoluted Transition From Classroom Teaching to Virtual Instruction
- Instructional Design Graduate Courses Overview
- Free Oil Painting Instruction and Courses
- Instructional Design Course and Class Descriptions
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses