- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 219
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Fever, 1793 Lesson Plan
Course SummaryUse the instructional resources in this course to plan engaging high school literature lessons. With lesson plan outlines, quizzes and supplemental teaching materials, this course offers you a quick and convenient method for planning and implementing a curriculum on young adult books.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
About This Course
Take a look inside this course to find comprehensive lesson plan outlines for young adult books and high school literature topics. You'll be able to use these bite-sized resources as you design lessons on dystopian novels, coming-of-age fiction, short stories and much more. The course also comes with quizzes that you can assign to your students, as well as fun supplemental lessons that you can use in class.
How It Works
As you work through the course, you'll review lesson plans and find creative ways to incorporate the supplemental teaching materials in your lessons. The course can be accessed on any computer or mobile device, which enables you to plan your curriculum whenever and wherever it's convenient.
This course includes:
- Lesson plan outlines that help you design your high school literature lessons
- Printable lesson transcripts
- Engaging supplemental lessons that you can use in the classroom
- Quizzes that can be assigned to your students
- A course exam to help you evaluate your readiness to teach your students about young adult novels
How It Helps
- Helps plan lessons and courses: Comprehensive lesson plan outlines help you plan your high school literature lessons whenever you have free time.
- Meets curriculum standards: These resources ensure that your literature lessons meet educational standards for English.
- Improves student engagement and performance: The accompanying teaching supplements are designed to engage your students and assess their comprehension of young adult book topics.
In this course, you'll find lesson plans for the following topics:
- Young adult books
- Bildungsroman and coming-of-age fiction
- Dystopian novels
- Short stories and short story authors
- Kate Chopin short stories
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- Digital Citizenship | Curriculum, Lessons and Lesson Plans
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- Math Lesson Plans
- Lesson Plan Templates
- Lesson Plans for Teachers
- ELA Lesson Plans
- Art Lesson Plans
- Free Lesson Plans
- Science Lesson Plans
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses