- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 15
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Launching a Successful Team in the Workplace
Course SummaryThis course uses short lessons and quizzes to help employees understand how to build strong work teams that solve problems and make decisions as a group. Your company's employees can learn about teams in a global business setting and types of work teams.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Each chapter in this course contains short video and text lessons that offer information on how to build strong work teams through cooperation and communication. Employees can learn about types of teams, stages of development and ways to reach mutual decisions.
How It Works
Your employees can watch these lessons on a computer, tablet or smartphone. You can organize a group training session, which allows for discussion, or ask your employees to view the videos on their own as their schedules allow.
Features about this course that you may find useful include:
- Brief lessons, about five to ten minutes long on average
- Clickable timelines that make it easy to access key points of the lessons
- Lesson quizzes to let employees check their learning about the different stages and elements of team building in a work place
- Chapter exams and a comprehensive end-of-course test for verifying knowledge of the team building process, group cohesion and solving problems as a group
How It Helps
- Offers a global perspective:Teams are viewed differently in different cultures, so understanding work teams from a multicultural perspective can help your organization do business internationally.
- Provides team building activities: Offering this course provides opportunities for team members to get acquainted, forge bonds and develop trust.
- Promotes group cooperation:These short lessons can prevent conflict on work teams by offering information on making decisions and solving problems as a group.
|Chapter||Topics & Objectives|
|Building a Strong Team in the Workplace||Explore the characteristics of a team, what makes up a team environment, types of work teams and how different cultures view teams.|
|Increasing Team Cohesion in the Workplace||Find out about the stages of team development, team building activities, daily activities to build team strength and group communication in the workplace.|
|Team Problem Solving at Work||Learn group decision-making and problem-solving techniques.|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- 3 Types of Flexible Work Arrangements Your Employees Want
- Team Building Courses and Classes Overview
- Baptist Colleges with Baseball Teams
- Baptist Colleges with Football Teams
- Catholic Colleges with Swim Teams
- Christian Colleges with Bowling Teams
- Christian Colleges with Football Teams
- Christian Colleges with Lacrosse Teams
- Christian Colleges with Golf Teams
- Christian Colleges with Tennis Teams
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses