- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 105
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Use Study.com TECEP Courses
Course SummaryThe fun video and text lessons in this course help you prepare for the TECEP Advertising exam. Gain insight into questions you will be asked on the day of the exam by reviewing our engaging lessons and accessing short quizzes and practice exams from any location.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This entertaining course makes studying for the TECEP Advertising exam easy and fun! Get closer to your goal of earning 3 semester credits without setting foot in a traditional classroom. Expert instructors have developed engaging video and text lessons that explore market segmentation, integrated marketing communication and fundamental marcom decisions. You can also get a quality understanding of sales promotion techniques, media planning and ad message creation.
Whether you're studying at home or on-the-go, you can access any resource in this course with ease. Review any number of lessons in any sequence, and test your comprehension by taking a variety of multiple-choice assessments. Expand your knowledge or gain clarity by submitting questions to our experts. In as little as a week and a half, this self-paced course ensures you're ready to pass the exam.
Syllabus & Course Information
Once you've completed this TECEP Advertising course, you will have a comprehensive understanding of the following objectives. Test your knowledge of these objectives and ensure you're ready to answer questions on the TECEP exam by utilizing this course's final exam.
- Explain an overview of advertising management
- Discuss the basics of integrated marketing communications
- Survey fundamental marcom decisions
- Evaluate ways to create and assess ad messages
- Outline the basics of media planning and analysis
- Break down the fundamentals of Internet advertising
- Summarize other forms of advertising media
- Consider the basics of sales promotion
- Assess other marcom tools
- Examine ethical, regulatory and environmental issues
There is no prerequisite for this advertising course. Jump right in and start learning today!
This course features 12 chapters and 96 video and text lessons you can review from any computer or mobile device to boost your knowledge of concepts you could see on the TECEP Advertising exam. Video lessons average about 8 minutes in length and text lessons are all brief, ensuring you can easily fit your studies into a busy schedule. Each lesson is accompanied by a short, self-assessment quiz designed to test your understanding of concepts you've reviewed. Chapter exams and a course exam are also available to reinforce your knowledge.
TECEP Advertising Exam Information
Earn 3 college credits by taking the TECEP Advertising exam, offered by Thomas Edison State University (TESU). Take advantage of the unique opportunity to secure credits that equate to those you could earn in a traditional one-semester course. The credits can be applied toward fulfilling a degree requirement at TESU or another school, if approved. You don't need to be a TESU student to take this exam and earn credits!
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Number of Credits: 3 credits
- Exam Cost: $114 for TESU students and $156 for non-matriculated students
TECEP Advertising Exam Breakdown
|TECEP Exam Concept||Percent of the TECEP Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Overview of advertising management||5%||5 questions||6 lessons|
|Overview of integrated marketing communications||15%||15 questions||19 lessons|
|Fundamental marcom decisions||15%||15 questions||13 lessons|
|Creating and assessing ad messages||15%||15 questions||5 lessons|
|Media planning and analysis||10%||10 questions||6 lessons|
|Internet advertising||5%||5 questions||7 lessons|
|Other advertising media||5%||5 questions||5 lessons|
|Sales promotion||10%||10 questions||11 lessons|
|Other marcom tools||10%||10 questions||12 lessons|
|Ethical, regulatory, environmental issues||10%||10 questions||12 lessons|
Earn TECEP Credit
If you've been looking for a way to turn your existing advertising knowledge into college credits, the TECEP Advertising exam is a great choice. It is also helpful for students who are interested in fulfilling degree requirements and want to save time and money earning advertising course credits. Take and pass the exam to get 3 semester credits. Use this course to study for the exam whenever and wherever your schedule permits.
Study Schedule for the TECEP Advertising Exam
This course includes about 13 hours of instruction. Set aside the appropriate amount of time to study for the exam by utilizing the schedules below. Choose the study frequency that suits your personal schedule while getting a gauge of the best time to register for the exam with TESU.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||Just under 1.5 weeks|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||2 weeks|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||Just over 4 weeks|
The Thomas Edison Credit by Exam Program (TECEP) is a registered trademark of Thomas Edison State University, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Compass Exams
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Measured Progress Exams
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Lawyer: An Overview of the Bar Exam
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses