- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 75
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Use Study.com TECEP Courses
Course SummaryReview the fun video and text lessons in this course to study for the TECEP College Algebra exam. The course's 24/7 availability allows you to prepare for the exam whenever you have free time in your schedule.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course can strengthen your preparations for the TECEP College Algebra exam and help you earn 3 college credits in as little as a week. Review lessons anywhere you can access the Internet to improve your ability to pass this test and earn semester credits at Thomas Edison State University (TESU) without taking a full semester-long college algebra course.
Lessons cover rational expressions, probability, quadratic equations, functions and other college algebra topics to prepare you for questions you could see on exam day. Study for the test anytime, day or night, to effectively translate the algebra knowledge you've gained through prior education, work or other personal experiences into college credits you could use to fulfill degree requirements.
Syllabus & Course Information
Use this TECEP College Algebra course to ensure you've mastered the following objectives, which closely correlate with the concepts covered on this TECEP exam. To feel confident that you've gained full comprehension, take the final exam upon completion of this course.
- Demonstrate how to solve and graph linear equations and systems of equations
- Solve for absolute value
- Find the determinant of a matrix
- Exhibit an ability to solve and graph inequalities
- Display your ability to factor polynomials and quadratics
- Showcase how to graph parabolas and polynomials
- Illustrate how to complete calculations and graph with complex numbers
- Share how to perform operations with functions
- Show how to perform operations with rational expressions
- Assess logarithms and solve equations
- Demonstrate how to solve exponential equations
- Showcase your ability to solve factorials and binomials
- Compute arithmetic and geometric series
- Exhibit an ability to use summation notation
There are no specific prerequisites for this course, but basic knowledge of intermediate algebra would be helpful.
This TECEP College Algebra course is broken into 11 chapters that contain short video and text lessons. In total, there are 68 lessons in this course. Videos average about 5-10 minutes each and include a text transcript, making for quick and informative study sessions. With each lesson is a multiple-choice quiz you can use to gauge your understanding of the college algebra concepts covered. Chapters feature exams that offer broader reviews of the lessons and allow you to further assess your knowledge. If you need additional information about details covered in this course, feel free to submit your questions to our experts. At the end of this course is a final exam that ensures you have a good grasp of the questions you could see on the TECEP exam.
TECEP College Algebra Exam Information
The TECEP College Algebra exam can be taken in place of a standard one-semester college algebra course. Students have the opportunity to take this exam if they are interested in earning 3 college algebra semester credits. Though Thomas Edison State University administers this exam, test takers don't have to be enrolled as students with the university. After passing the exam, credits can be applied toward degree requirements, if permitted by the student's educational institution of choice.
- Number of Questions: 64 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Number of Credits: 3 credits
- Exam Cost: $111 for TESU students and $150 for non-matriculated students
TECEP College Algebra Exam Breakdown
|TECEP Exam Concept||Percent of the TECEP Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Review of basic concepts||15%||9-10 questions||21 lessons|
|Equations and inequalities||20%||12-13 questions||15 lessons|
|Graphs and functions||15%||9-10 questions||7 lessons|
|Polynomial and rational functions||10%||6-7 questions||8 lessons|
|Exponential and logarithmic functions||25%||16 questions||10 lessons|
|Systems of equations, parabolas, and further topics||15%||9-10 questions||7 lessons|
Earn TECEP Credit
The TECEP College Algebra exam allows you to earn 3 credits that can be used toward fulfilling degree requirements at TESU without spending valuable money and time taking a class over a full semester. Use this course to ensure you're prepared for exam questions while studying from home or on the go!
Study Schedule for the TECEP College Algebra Exam
This course includes about 7 hours of instruction. Review the schedules below and choose one that matches the amount of time you need to study for the exam. Utilizing one of these schedules can also help you plan when to contact the school and set up a date to take the test online or via the paper-pencil format.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||less than 1 week|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||just over 1 week|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||2 weeks|
The Thomas Edison Credit by Exam Program (TECEP) is a registered trademark of Thomas Edison State University, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- List of Free Online Algebra Courses and Lessons
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- How CLEP Exams Work to Earn a Debt-Free College Degree
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Boston College Video Review
- Providence College Video Review
- 10 Colleges and Universities with Free Online Liberal Studies Courses
- Are College Midterms As Important As Final Exams?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses