- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 90
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Financial Markets: Types & Characteristics
Course SummaryUse this convenient test prep course to prepare yourself for the TECEP Financial Institutions & Markets exam in a few short weeks. The course's fun video lessons, interactive quizzes and supplemental resources can be studied at any time that fits your schedule.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
13 chapters in TECEP Financial Institutions & Markets: Practice & Test Prep
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
You can earn 3 college credits by studying this course and taking the TECEP Financial Institutions & Markets exam. This self-paced test prep course helps you review quickly review essential topics related to financial markets and institutions, including international finance, futures and options, financial trading, interest rates and deposit insurance. The course also comes with multiple-choice lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a final assessment to help you retain what you study and practice answering the types of questions you'll be asked on the TECEP exam.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course covers all of the financial institutions and markets topics you'll be tested on. Watch video lessons and take the course's self assessments to make sure you're ready for the TECEP Financial Institutions & Markets exam. By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Identify financial instruments and markets
- Explain interest rate structure and financial market analysis
- Evaluate the roles of banks and financial intermediaries
- Understand how money flows through financial intermediaries
- Assess financial institution regulations
- Know how foreign-exchange rates are determined
- Recognize international financial markets and institutions
- Analyze current international finance issues
- Outline regulatory reform and deregulation
- Define the mortgage market
- Comprehend futures and options
- Understand branch banking, deposit insurance, inflation and income policies
- Evaluate relationships between money and interest rates
There are no required prerequisites in this course, but students may find it helpful to complete Finance 101: Principles of Finance or Finance 301: Corporate Finance before taking this Financial Institutions & Markets course.
You can work through the course's 84 lessons and 12 chapters at your own pace. With fun video lessons that average around 8 minutes in length, you'll be able to quickly learn and review essential finance concepts, terms and formulas. Each lesson comes with a short quiz to help you retain all of the information you study. If you need any extra help understanding the material, you can submit questions to our expert finance instructors. You can also print lesson transcripts to study after watching the videos. Be sure to take the chapter exams and final assessment to make sure you're ready for the TECEP Financial Institutions & Markets exam.
TECEP Financial Institutions & Markets Exam Information
The TECEP Financial Institutions & Markets exam is worth 3 college credits. The credit is accepted at Thomas Edison State University (TESU), and it may be transferred to other colleges or universities that accept TESU credit.
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Number of Credits: 3 credits
- Exam Cost: $114 for TESU students; $156 for non-TESU students
TECEP Financial Institutions & Markets exam Breakdown
|TECEP Exam Concept||Percent of the TECEP Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Financial Markets||35%||35 questions||27 lessons|
|Financial Institutions||35%||35 questions||29 lessons|
|International Finance||10%||10 questions||5 lessons|
|Current Issues||20%||20 questions||23 lessons|
Earn TECEP Credit
Studying this course and taking the TECEP Financial Institutions & Markets exam can save you a significant amount of time and money on your degree program. Instead of taking an expensive and semester-long finance course, you can complete this course in a few weeks, take a one-time exam and earn 3 college credits. This credit can be used at Thomas Edison State University or it may be transferred to institutions that accept TECEP credit. Check with your college or university to see if the exam's credit can be transferred. You can also find more information about upcoming exam dates, fees and registration on the TESU website.
Study Schedule for the TECEP Financial Institutions & Markets Exam
The course contains approximately 11 hours of instruction. We've included the table below to give you an idea of how long it may take you to complete the course based on the amount of hours and days you study per week.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||Just over 1 week|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||Just under 2 weeks|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||Just under 4 weeks|
The Thomas Edison State University Examination Program (TECEP) is a registered trademark of Thomas Edison State University, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Plan Ahead to Save Yourself Time & Stress During the Week
- How to Prepare for Your First Online Course
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How to Mentally Prepare Yourself to Go Back to Community College After Summer Break
- How to Prepare Yourself for Community College Graduation and Beyond
- How to Prepare for AP, CLEP, DSST & UExcel Tests
- Test Prep
- FTCE Test Preparation & Resources
- AEPA Test Preparation & Resources
- Top School with a Bachelors Degree in Information Systems Security - Sioux Falls SD
- Kettlebell Classes
- Psychiatric Aide Career Information and Requirements for Becoming a Psychiatric Aide
- Water Color Art Information for Art Students Considering a Career As a Professional Water Color Artist
- Vehicle Designer Information for Students Considering a Career in Vehicle Design
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses