- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 234
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Economics? - Definition & Types
Course SummaryBoost your knowledge of basic business functions and practices by referring to this comprehensive study guide. You'll learn about everything from management roles to global business practices as you prepare to take the Thomas Edison Credit-by-Examination Program (TECEP) Introduction to Business exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This course is designed to help you review all of the topics you would need to know for the TECEP Introduction to Business exam. Our brief but informative lessons can help you achieve a full understanding of these concepts in as little as three weeks. Lessons take only 5-10 minutes to review and are accessible 24/7 from any device, so you can fit study time into the busiest of schedules. This is a quick and effective way to earn three transferable college credits.
This study guide offers you the opportunity to refresh your memory or learn new facts about management practices in areas of human resources, operations, supply chains, information systems and other areas. You'll find lessons devoted to accounting, finance, risk management, entrepreneurship, business ethics, marketing, public relations and business computer systems. Other lessons focus on organizational behavior and management, globalization, economics and securities. Once you have completed this course, you will be knowledgeable in all areas covered on the TECEP Introduction to Business exam.
Syllabus & Course Information
This study guide addresses all of the objectives listed below, which are contained in the TECEP Introduction to Business exam. Self-assessment quizzes found in each lesson and the course's final exam can help you determine how much you have learned and to measure your readiness in taking this particular TECEP exam. With the help of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand global business practices
- Explain ethical behavior in business
- Relate types of business ownership and pros and cons of small business ownership
- Provide details about different levels of management
- Discuss the importance of employee performance and customer satisfaction
- Describe the role of human resources management and assess employee management issues
- Identify the elements of marketing and develop effective marketing plans
- Detail financial management functions
- Analyze securities markets
- Understand details about financial markets and the Federal Reserve System
This is an introductory course and there are no prerequisites.
This extensive guide consists of 211 lessons grouped within 32 chapters. Video and text lessons provide short overviews of each topic and include definitions and examples to simplify the material. Video lessons come with written transcripts you can print for easy reference. Refer to the lessons as often as needed until you have mastered each topic.
TECEP Introduction to Business Exam Information
By passing the TECEP Introduction to Business exam, you can obtain three transferable credits toward earning your degree. The concepts discussed in this course are the same that would be addressed if you were to take an introductory business course.
- Number of Questions: 95 questions
- Question Type: 90 multiple choice; 5 short answer
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Number of Credits: 3 credits
- Exam Cost: $114 for matriculated students, $156 for non-matriculated students
TECEP Introduction to Business Exam Breakdown
|TECEP Exam Concept||Percent of the TECEP Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|The Role of Business in United States Society||50%||47 questions||75|
|Key Business Functions||50%||47 questions||136|
Earn TECEP Credit
Once you have successfully reviewed this guide, you should be ready to sit for the TECEP Introduction to Business exam. You can earn three college credits that could satisfy basic requirements in an undergraduate degree program.
Study Schedule for the TECEP Introduction to Business Exam
You will find about 28 hours of instruction in this extensive study guide. Study is self-paced and lessons are accessible from any device, at any time. Below is a timeline of how long it could take you to prepare for this TECEP exam based on the time devoted to studying each week.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||About 3 weeks|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||Almost 5 weeks|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||Just over 9 weeks|
The Thomas Edison Credit by Exam Program (TECEP) is a registered trademark of Thomas Edison State University, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can I Study an MBA Without Business Knowledge?
- Do You Learn Accounting in a Business Management Degree Program?
- MBA Programs in Global Management and Business Relations: Program Info
- How Do You Learn Business Without an MBA?
- What Are Some Things You Learn in a Business Degree Program?
- Online Global Business Management Certificate Program Overviews
- What Is an MBA in Global Business?
- What Classes Should I Take for Business Management?
- Online Business Management Certificate Programs
- Business Management Degree Program Overviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses