- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 113
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Communication? - Definition & Importance
Course SummaryThis comprehensive study guide is designed to prepare you for the Thomas Edison Credit-by-Examination Program (TECEP) Managerial Communications exam. You'll find brief lessons and practice quizzes that cover all of the material you can expect to encounter on the test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
With this study guide, you can be ready to take the TECEP Managerial Communications exam in less than two weeks. Lessons are accessible at any time, from any device, making it possible to work at your own pace and study when it's convenient for you. There's no quicker and easier way to earn 3 transferrable college credits.
This course covers topics you would study in an upper-level business course. Topics addressed in this study guide include group communication methods, the use of visuals in workplace communications, inter- and intrapersonal communications and interviewing techniques. You can also study workplace conflict, business presentations, effective listening and managerial report writing.
Syllabus & Course Information
You can expect to gain mastery of the following objectives when you use this study guide. You will be tested on each of these subjects when taking the TECEP Managerial Communications exam. Once you finish with all lessons, you can take a final exam to determine if you are ready to take this TECEP exam.
- Detail the history and characteristics of managerial communication
- Point out the use of technology in business communication
- Explain how to create effective managerial reports
- Understand verbal and nonverbal communication methods and skills
- Discuss the use of managerial listening skills
- Define and explain conflict management
- Identify intercultural communication techniques
- Relate techniques for successful participation and management of meetings and interviews
- Understand emerging issues in managerial communications
While there are no prerequisites for this course, some students choose to complete Business 100: Intro to Business prior to completing Managerial Communications.
With 111 lessons divided into 14 chapters, this comprehensive study guide covers all of the topics you could be tested on when taking the TECEP Managerial Communications exam. The lessons are easy to review, lasting 5-10 minutes apiece, and each one contains a self-assessment quiz that ensures your understanding of the material before you move on to the next topic. Instructors can be contacted if you have any questions about any of these lessons.
TECEP Managerial Communications Exam Information
Passing the TECEP Managerial Communications exam grants you 3 credits in managerial communications that can be used at Thomas Edison University or transferred to another school. This study guide covers all the information you'd learn in a traditional managerial communication course, but at a fraction of the cost.
- Number and Type of Questions: 60 multiple-choice questions, 1 essay
- Time Limit: 3 hours
- Number of Credits: 3 credits
- Exam Cost: $114 for matriculated students, $156 for non-matriculated students
TECEP Managerial Communications Exam Breakdown
|TECEP Exam Concept||Percent of the TECEP Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Managerial Communication: History, Characteristics, the Managerial Dynamic, Communication Using Technology||10%||6 questions||24|
|Writing Effective Managerial Reports||20%||12 questions||14|
|Verbal and Nonverbal Communication||20%||12 questions||18|
|Conflict Management and Intercultural Communication||25%||15 questions||22|
|Interviews and Meetings||15%||9 questions||14|
|Emerging Issues||10%||6 questions||8|
Earn TECEP Credit
Our TECEP Managerial Communications prep course is the fastest and easiest way to prepare for this exam and quickly gain credit. The TECEP Managerial Communications exam is worth the equivalent of a 3-credit course. This can satisfy credits towards your degree, whether you are a student at Thomas Edison University or attend another college or university. If you wish to transfer credits, check with your registrar to find out your schools specific transfer policy.
Study Schedule for the TECEP Managerial Communications Exam
This course consists of nearly 15 hours of instruction. With videos being easily accessible on any mobile device, you can study on your time. The table below will show when you'll be ready for the exam.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||About 1 1/2 weeks|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||About 2 1/2 weeks|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||5 weeks|
TECEP is a registered trademark of Thomas Edison State University, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Communications Quizzes
- Flashcards - Essay Writing for TECEP Managerial Communications
- Art and Design Quizzes
- Global Studies Quizzes
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Fraud Examination Degree Program Overviews
- Material Culture Studies Graduate Programs
- GED Books and Study Materials for Test Preparation
- Study Public Communications: Degree Program Overviews
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses