- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 92
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Use Study.com TECEP Courses
Course SummaryGet ready for the TECEP Network Technology exam with this comprehensive and convenient study guide course. The course can be completed in a few weeks, and it contains plenty of assessments to help you evaluate your readiness to take this credit-granting exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Use this course to quickly prepare for the TECEP Network Technology exam and earn 3 transferrable college credits. This self-paced and mobile-friendly course can help you get ready for the exam in as little as 1-4 weeks.
The course contains straightforward and informative lessons that examine important concepts related to network technology and data communications, such as server types, cloud computing, computer security and more. Taught by expert instructors, each lesson applies concise definitions and illustrative examples to help make network technology concepts memorable.
Syllabus & Course Information
We've closely aligned this course's syllabus to the topics you'll need to know for the TECEP exam. By watching video lessons and taking the included quizzes, chapter exams and final assessment, you'll be able to determine how well you understand essential network technology definitions, processes, protocols and more.
- Differentiate between network and architecture types
- Describe network models and standards organizations
- Relate the characteristics of a logical and physical topology
- Understand how various types of network devices, media, servers and services function
- Evaluate protocols for high and low-level data communication
- Assess network monitoring and troubleshooting management techniques
- Determine how cyber security can minimize network exposure
- Recognize the types and uses of mobile and cellular technology
- Know the differences between cloud service models, including public private and hybrid models
This course does not have any prerequisites, so you can dive into the lesson material even if you haven't taken a network technology course before.
Containing 84 lessons that average 8 minutes in length, the course walks you through 8 chapters that examine the concepts that are covered on the TECEP exam. Each lesson comes with a short self-assessment quiz so you can reinforce your understanding of the material and practice answering the types of questions you'll encounter on the test. We've also included a chapter to help you answer the exam's essay questions. You can supplement our study by printing word-for-word lesson transcripts and taking the final exam after you complete the course. This way, you can make sure you're fully prepared and confident to take the TECEP Network Technology exam.
TECEP Network Technology exam Information
If passed, the TECEP Network Technology exam leads to 3 college credits that can be accepted at Thomas Edison State University or transferred to your college/university.
- Number of Questions: 73 questions
- Question Types: Multiple choice (70) and essay (3)
- Time Limit: 120 minutes
- Number of Credits: 3 credits
- Exam Cost: $114 for Thomas Edison State University students; $156 for students not enrolled at TESU
TECEP Network Technology Exam Breakdown
|TECEP Exam Concept||Percent of the TECEP Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Network Concepts||15%||10 questions||12 lessons|
|Protocols||15%||11 questions||12 lessons|
|Network Infrastructure||15%||10 questions||11 lessons|
|Mobility||15%||11 questions||7 lessons|
|Communication Services||10%||7 questions||8 lessons|
|Cloud Computing||15%||10 questions||11 lessons|
|Monitoring and Protecting the Network||15%||11 questions||15 lessons|
Earn TECEP Credit
Taking the TECEP Network Technology exam can help you save a significant amount of time and money on your degree. Credit-by-exam allows you to study a semester's worth of material in less time than a typical college semester. Plus, you can prepare whenever it fits your schedule.
The credits you can gain from this test can be used to pass out of a network technology course at Thomas Edison State University (TESU) and other institutions. The TESU website recommends you verify that your university will accept TECEP credits before taking the exam. The exam is offered online and in person, and you can find a test date/register on TESU's website.
Study Schedule for the TECEP Network Technology Exam
This course contains around 11 hours of lesson material. You can work through the course at your own pace, but if you take a look at the table below, you can get an idea how how long it will take you based on how many hours you study per day.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 3 days a week||Just over 1 week|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||Just under 2 weeks|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||Almost 4 weeks|
The Thomas Edison State University Examination Program (TECEP) is a registered trademark of Thomas Edison State University, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Do I Have to Take College Entrance Exams to Earn Transfer Credit?
- Network Technology Classes and Courses Overview
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Why Do I Have to Take a Capstone Course?
- Flashcards - Essay Writing for TECEP Network Technology
- Where Can I Take a Child Care Exam Online?
- Flashcards - Problem Solving for Exam Takers
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses