- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 63
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Use Study.com TECEP Courses
Course SummaryUse this comprehensive test preparation resource to get ready for the TECEP Operations Management exam. This mobile-friendly and self-paced course will show you everything you need to know for the test through a series of short video lessons and practice quizzes.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
If you're planning on taking the TECEP Operations Management exam, this study guide course can help you prepare in less than two weeks. You can complete the course at your own pace and learn/review all the information you need in order to pass the exam and earn three transferrable college credits..
Inside the course, you'll find bite-sized, informative lessons covering essential concepts related to operations management, including strategic operations, operation system design, project management and inventory. Each lesson is taught by an expert business instructor who helps you quickly learn and retain these topics through concise definitions and memorable examples.
Syllabus & Course Information
The syllabus for this course is closely aligned with the operations management concepts you can expect to encounter on the TECEP exam. Included are lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a final self-assessment that can help you determine how prepared you are for the TECEP test.
- Learn what is involved in supply chain management and how it affects business operations.
- Get information on quality standards, the principles of quality management, quality circle, and ISO 9000 Certification.
- Learn about business leaders who contributed to the development of Total Quality Management.
- Examine the principles of Six Sigma and how they can boost profits.
- Learn about the belts and the Lean Six Sigma methods.
- Study statistical process control, control charts and process capability.
- Find out about the stages of project planning, PERT analysis, how a project team is structured, direct and indirect costs and project crashing analysis.
- Take a look at how product design can impact profitability.
- Learn about the design process, prototyping, design tools and green design.
- Explore the concept of a service economy.
- Learn about types of service, the service design process and the four waiting line structures.
- Get information on process planning for batch and continuous processes as well as the sourcing continuum, process analysis methods and the financial justification for new technology.
- Learn the definition of capacity and how it is measured.
- See what the differences are in process, product and fixed-position layouts.
- Review how analytical tools can help make capacity decisions.
- Get the facts on various types of facilities, site location selection, designing process, product, service and hybrid layouts.
- Become familiar with the process of setting strategic goals as well as supply chain uncertainty, risk pooling and the bullwhip effect.
- Learn the impact of procurement, transportation and distribution on the supply chain.
- Find out how to select supplies and why outsourcing is different from other types of procurement.
- Analyze the items that comprise merchandise inventory.
- Learn about inventory control and the relationship of inventory decisions to other parts of the supply chain.
- Examine the reasons why forecasting is important in operations management and the ways to measure its accuracy.
- Become familiar with the objectives of scheduling and why assignments are used.
There are no prerequisites for the course. You can begin learning about operations management right away even if you haven't taken a related course before.
The course contains 68 lessons, which are divided in to 7 chapters. Each chapter has between 4 and 13 lessons that average 6-8 minutes in length. After watching a lesson, you can make sure you fully understand the most important definitions and concepts with the accompanying self-assessment quiz. Printable lesson transcripts are also available to supplement your study and you can reach out to the course instructors if have any questions. The course dashboard will keep track of your progress and you can take the final exam after you finish the course to make sure you're ready to take the TECEP Operations Management test.
TECEP Operations Management Exam Information
The TECEP Operations Management exam is worth three college credits that are accepted at Thomas Edison State University and other institutions.
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Question Type: Multiple choice
- Time Limit: 120 minutes
- Number of Credits: 3 credits
- Exam Cost: $114 for enrolled students of Thomas Edison State University; $156 for non-TESU students
TECEP Operations Management Exam Breakdown
|TECEP Exam Concept||Percent of the TECEP Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Operations strategy||10%||10 questions||19 lessons|
|Operations system design||40%||40 questions||13 lessons|
|Operations system management||50%||50 questions||36 lessons|
Earn TECEP Credit
The TECEP Operations Management test is part of TESU's credit by exam program. This particular test can lead to 3 transferable college credits, which can help students pass out of general education courses and save a considerable amount of time and money on their degree programs. Thomas Edison State University students may take these exams, as well as students from other colleges; however, non-TESU students should make sure that their institution accepts TECEP credit. These exams are available to take online or in person, and students can check the TESU website to schedule a test date..
Study Schedule for the TECEP Operations Management Exam
There are around 7 hours of instruction in this study guide course. The course is entirely self paced, and you can get an idea of how long it'll take you to prepare by taking a look at the table below.
|Study Frequency||When You'll Be Ready for the Exam|
|3 hours a day; 2 days a week||Just over 2 days|
|2 hours a day; 3 days a week||Just over 1 week|
|1 hour a day; 3 days a week||Just over 2 weeks|
The Thomas Edison State University Examination Program (TECEP) is a registered trademark of Thomas Edison State University, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Everything You Need to Know About AP Tests: Deadlines, Scoring Policies & More
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- CEOE Test Preparation & Resources
- TEAS Test Preparation & Resources
- PERT Test Preparation & Resources
- HESI Test Preparation & Resources
- MTEL Test Preparation & Resources
- ASCP Test Preparation & Resources
- HSPT Test Preparation & Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses