- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 140
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Statement of Cash Flows: Purpose, Format & Examples
Course SummaryThe Thomas Edison Credit-by-Examination Program (TECEP) Principles of Managerial Accounting exam focuses on various aspects of management in accounting, such as financial statements, cash flows, and capital budgeting. This course strengthens your understanding of topics covered in the exam through brief lessons, multiple-choice quizzes, and a practice exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
17 chapters in TECEP Principles of Managerial Accounting: Study Guide & Test Prep
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This convenient course helps you prepare for the Thomas Edison Credit-by-Examination Program (TECEP) Principles of Managerial Accounting exam by improving your understanding of cost systems, long-term budgeting, decision-making in accounting, and other related topics. The video lessons and self-assessment quizzes are easy to follow and separated by topic. You can use this course to refresh your memory of the following:
- Statement of cash flows and financial statements
- Ratio and cost-volume-profit analysis
- Job order and process cost systems
- Standard costs and cost classifications
- Currency conversion
- Activity-based costing basics
- Value chain management
- Performance measurement and decision-making
- Capital budgets and budget controls
About the Exam
The TECEP Principles of Managerial Accounting exam covers topics generally taught in a managerial accounting course. The test contains 100 multiple-choice questions that are 1 point each. A score of at least 60% is required to pass the exam, and test takers have 2 hours to complete it. Financial, scientific, and graphing calculators are allowed; however, calculators on a mobile device are not allowed.
TECEP Principles of Managerial Accounting Preparation and Registration
This course provides an opportunity for you to study for the TECEP Principles of Managerial Accounting exam at your own pace. You can tailor your studies based on your specific needs. The brief and effective lessons in this course help to ensure your understanding of key topics covered by the exam. The short assessment quizzes test your understanding of essential topics and can also be printed for your offline studies. Each chapter has a practice exam, which can serve as an additional way to test your knowledge, understanding, and readiness for the exam.
Exam registration can be handled online by visiting the Thomas Edison State University website. There are 'per credit attempted' exam fees that vary depending on enrollment status (matriculated or non-matriculated). There is an online testing option and a pen/paper testing option. The pen/paper option takes place at Thomas Edison State University's testing facility in Trenton, NJ. Testing dates and preferred time slots can be scheduled on the university website.
TECEP Principles of Managerial Accounting is a registered trademark of Thomas Edison State University, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Accounting Quizzes
- Flashcards - Financial Statements in Accounting
- Compass Exams
- Bachelor of Accounting and Financial Management: Program Info
- Online Training Programs in Fraud Examination with Course Info
- Financial Accounting Certification Programs
- Flashcards - Role of Financial Statements in Accounting
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses