- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 118
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Technical Communication: Definition & Purpose
Course SummaryThis Technical Writing Online Tutoring Solution course is a flexible and affordable method to improve your technical writing skills. It's like having an online technical writing tutor at your disposal 24/7. Each tutorial is taught in a simple and fun video format to help you boost your grades or catch up on missed class time.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other technical writing work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn technical writing material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding technical editing, technical correspondence, the elements of technical documents or any other technical writing topic.
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their English learning
- Prefer learning English visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing technical writing
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in technical writing
- Don't have access to their English teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning technical writing simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live technical writing tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn technical writing on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Study introductory technical writing topics such as technical communication and types of technical documents.
- Discover how to prewrite and research for technical documents.
- Learn how to write effective sentences and paragraphs.
- Gain skills in technical editing and rewriting.
- Explore various elements of technical documents.
- Learn about usability testing.
- Discover how to write informal technical reports.
- Explore the different parts of a formal technical report.
- Learn about the uses for informational business reports.
- Review the different forms of business correspondence.
- Discover how to format technical cover letters and resumes.
- Learn about the structure and purpose of technical instructions.
- Explore the processes for writing technical manuals.
- Read about the different kinds of technical proposals and ways of structuring them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Technical Writing Courses and Certifications Programs
- Technical Writing Courses and Classes Overview
- Technical Writing Professions Video: Becoming a Technical Writer
- List of Free Online Technical Writing Courses and Training Programs
- Masters Degree in Technical Writing Online with Course Info
- Online Associates Degree Programs in Technical Writing
- Online Technical Support Courses and Classes
- Online Technical Writing Undergraduate Degree Program Overviews
- Online Technical Writing Graduate Degree Program Overviews
- Online Masters Degree in Technical Writing with Program Overviews
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses