- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 209
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Economic Systems: Traditional, Market, Command & Mixed
This course can be found in: TExES Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 40+ TExES study guides, and 6,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryExplore the entertaining lessons in this informative course to boost your knowledge of topics you could see on the TExES Business and Finance 6-12 test. Short self-assessment quizzes and practice exams can check your comprehension before taking the test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
26 chapters in TExES Business & Finance 6-12 (276): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related TExES Courses
About This Course
This self-paced course offers an engaging examination of business and finance concepts to ensure you have the knowledge needed to take and pass the Texas Examinations of Educator Standards (TExES) Business and Finance 6-12 test. Lessons dive into topics like banking and finance, accounting, business ethics, business law and e-commerce. The lessons in this course take only 5-10 minutes to review and contain examples and illustrations to support the text. Lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a final exam are available to assess your understanding of this course.
Check out our TExES Preparation resources! We've got TExES courses to teach you the material, comprehensive TExES study guides to help you study, TExES practice tests to test your knowledge, and TExES informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course was last updated in 2019.
Syllabus & Course Information
When you use this comprehensive study guide, you can feel confident in your ability to explain banking systems, describe basic and advanced accounting practices, identify management roles and principles, detail business communication methods and discuss business technology and information systems. You can also do the following:
- Discuss the basics of securities and investments
- Provide details about financial analysis methods
- Define forecasting and risk management
- Understand entrepreneurship and small business management
- Describe the fundamentals of business law and international business
- Talk about computer systems used in business
- Identify business career development opportunities and programs
- List finance and business careers
This course contains 26 individual chapters broken down into 195 lessons. Access these video and text lessons 24/7 from any device and print lesson transcripts to produce handy quick-reference materials if needed.
TExES Business and Finance 6-12 Exam Information
Teaching basic and fundamental business and finance concepts to middle and high school students in Texas requires proper certification. Aspiring teachers in these subject areas must take and pass the TExES Business and Finance 6-12 exam.
- Number of Questions: 100 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 5 hours
- Exam Cost: $131
TExES Business and Finance 6-12 Exam Breakdown
|TExES Business and Finance 6-12 Exam Concept||Percent of the Business and Finance 6-12 Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Business Management||19%||19 questions||40|
|Ethics, Law, Business Communication and International Business||22%||22 questions||27|
|Technology and Information Systems||21%||21 questions||29|
|Leadership and Career Development||18%||18 questions||33|
Preparing & Registering for the TExES Business and Finance 6-12 Test
Simplify your preparations for the TExES Business and Finance 6-12 test by utilizing this course in any manner that suits your study preferences. Access the lessons in your sequence of choice and as often as needed to better understand personal bankruptcy, insurance underwriting, corporate accounting, labor productivity, electronic commerce and much more. Take the self-assessment quizzes, chapter tests and practice exam to gauge your readiness to take the test. The Dashboard tracks your progress through this course and allows you to send lesson topic questions to our experts.
To register for the test, create or log into your Pearson online testing account during the established registration period, which typically ends two days before the first day of each administration window. During the registration process, you will be able to choose your test date and test center. To ensure you will be admitted on the day of the test, enter your name during registration exactly as listed on your ID. If you need to reschedule the test, you can do so through your Pearson account.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Should I Major in Finance? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Is a Career in Finance Right for Me? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Business? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Go to Business School? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Major in Business Administration? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Pilot? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a CPA? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Be a Midwife? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Paramedic? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become an Anesthesiologist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses